cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky Sports News HQ App stopped working

I have the Entertainment pass which allows access to the Sky Sports News HQ App.

However, since last weekend this app has stopped working. I select the app it goes to the Sky Sports News screen where normally says signing in but after 2s the screen goes black and it returns me to My Apps page.

I have done 2 factory resets and still the same problem.

All the other apps work accept this one.

Is there an issue with this app or have Sky changed their policy and no longer allow Sky Sports News to be accessed across all NOW TV passes.

20 REPLIES 20
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Phew, glad you are sorted would have never thought your Router would have been the main cause of the SSN app not working on your nowtv box especially where all your other apps are working fine.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I hadthe same issue whereby the Sky Sports News App stopped working. This was an issue 2 weeks ago but appeared to cause problems for many but today when checking service status, I was told there were none.

Opening NowTV and then going to Sky Sports News HQ solved the issue.

It may mean a slightly different approach but at least it works

BicBasher
Elite

Can confirm Sky Sports News HQ works for me via using the NOW TV Smart Box Now and Next tv guide despite not having a Sports Pass.

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen, Chromecast 3rd Gen WiFi, Motorola Moto G9 (Android 11), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using Now TV Player.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, reading through the posts, I think everyone states that they have an active Sky Pass, whether entertainment, kids, movies, sports, etc - however just in case anybody does not have an active pass and their Sky Sports News App has suddenly stopped working, I thought this might be useful - I bought a Sports Day Pass, and I discovered I could access Sky Sports News, for beyond the 24 hour pass - it turns out when you buy any type of Pass, you get access to Sky Sports News for 30 days, something they don't tell you, and I only discovered by searching online and coming across the following info on this website:

https://help.nowtv.com/article/using-sky-sports-news-hq-app-on-now-tv-box-stick

- so not exactly a completely Free App as advertised!!

Anywway apologioes if everyone was aware of this but hopefully it might help others who like me were baffled when it suddenly stopped working - thankfully I discovered doing this before doing a factory reset.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

anybody out there know ive always had the app with the deal i got till yesterday and it has now stopped any ideas people.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Broken App doesn't load.

Can't delete it. Can't move it. What is the point?

(Sky Sports News channel is available on the main Sports menu as a free channel, pass or no pass.)

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

The Sky Sports News HQ App seems to be working fine on my NowTV Smart box.

Which nowtv playback device are you using and what software version is it showing ?

There is an alternative method to access Sky Sports News HQ, if you have an active nowtv pass (i.e. entertainment, cinema, kids) where just go to the Sky Sports News HQ live channel on Now & Next EPG guide and start watching it from there instead.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

It's a black NOW TV Box.

I can get the Sky Sports News channel on the main menu, with or without a sports pass.

The issue is the redundant app in the top righthand of the screen that cannot be shifted or deleted.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Not sure what your mean by the redundant App in the top right hand corner of the screen (maybe take a photo and post on here so we can see what's happening).

The Sky Sports News HQ App for me only shows in my NowTV smart box My Apps and Apps Store section and is working fine.

Have you tried a forced software update or factory re set on your black nowtv box to see if that fixes it ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

do you think re booting and re setting manually could help