cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky Sports News App

Hi

I watch ss news through my tv box as normal but am unable to watch on tablet as it states i need a sports package although i already pay through the app.

Any ideas why

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Have a read of this thread here asking the same question, which applies to all nowtv playback devices apart from the nowtv boxes.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/LG/Sky-Sports-News-app-unavailable-on-LG-TV/m-p/434771#M5975

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

The Sky Sports News HQ app is a 'perk' app for owners of NOW TV branded boxes only... The only other way you can access Sky Sports News HQ is to subscribe to the 'Sports' service.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just to confirm, you can also actually watch Now tv's Sky Sports News channel through the Sports channels section on a full Roku box, as long as you have an active pass of some description on there. You don't need a specific Sports pass for that.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Nice spot, you're right it does work in the Roku app.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
Just to confirm, you can also actually watch Now tv's Sky Sports News channel through the Sports channels section on a full Roku box, as long as you have an active pass of some description on there. You don't need a specific Sports pass for that.

Fab!  Was always reluctant to try in case my sports pass got used doing that.