cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky Sports Live Stream Picture Lag

Hi all, I am hoping you can help me please.

I have just paid for a week sky sports pass in order to watch the Masters Golf.  However the live stream runs with some lag, the best way I can describe it is its like watching a 30fps video on a 25fps tv, it does not look smooth and it is hard to follow the golf ball and any action due to this problem.

Now I thought it might be my setup, so I tried my other 1080P LCD TV in another room on a different device and it is exactly the same.

I have a Virgin Cable 100mbit connection, no other devices accessing the connection at all, I have tried it not only on my PS4 console, but on an xbox one s console and a PS4 pro console and on my 2 different TVs but it remains the same.

Just to be clear, this is not a buffering or connection issue as far as I can see so any ideas would be much appreciated.

Also if it helps diagnose the issue any further, if I watch a pre-recorded stream from the NOW TV app it runs smoothly and without any issues??

Many thanks for any help you can offer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV only outputs at 720p/25fps. The motion issues in fast moving sports action is a major bugbear for many on here. We can only hope that when NowTV goes full hd later in the year that the frame rate will be upped to 50fps. Until then the issue will unfortunately prevail. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV only outputs at 720p/25fps. The motion issues in fast moving sports action is a major bugbear for many on here. We can only hope that when NowTV goes full hd later in the year that the frame rate will be upped to 50fps. Until then the issue will unfortunately prevail.