cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky Sports Four Month Pass

Please be aware - I wasn't!

On the 6th Aug I purchased a four month Sky Sports pass for £20 per month, with the last payment being the 6th Nov.

A week or so ago I cancelled my Sky Sports pass thinking it would be cancelled after the 6th Nov payment,  just like a Cinema or Entertainment pass.

It seems because I paid for my pass each month and not the £80 in one go, it was cancelled immediately.  So when you pay for a pass each month you must have to wait till after the final payment has been taken before you cancel it, or like me, you will lose it.

You learn something new every day.

3 REPLIES 3
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Yes you are right, there is a difference between vouchers for 'X months free' and codes for a discount on the price. 

If if you have a voucher for X months free you can cancel this at any time and you will still get all the months in the offer, because there's no charge for the additional months.

However with offers where you get a discount on the full price for X months, because NOW TV is a no-contract service,  in order to make sure you're not forced into paying for a month that you don't want or can't afford, each month is treated separately, so cancelling in month 1 means you just get that 1 month at a discount and then it stops.

Have you tried going to live chat, explaining what happened and seeing if they can reinstate the offer for you? Can't guarantee but worth a try.

To get to live chat, go to the following help page and choose the live chat option.

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/how-do-i-cancel-now-tv

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy

Thanks for the welcome and the reply.

I did get in touch with live chat and to be honest they were ok.  I wasn't too keen on their remedy though, they wanted me to pay 2 x months at full price (2 x £34 = £68) then after the second month they would refund me £26.  Why didn't they just charge me 2 x months at £20 or even a one off charge of £40 for the two months which I would have been quite happy to pay.  I didn't see why I should fork out nearly seventy quid to get twenty six back!, and I wasn't that desperate to have standard def sports, can wait till the next offer comes along.

So it's off to the pub for me when I want to watch something. 

Cheers.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Bit disappointing they couldn't sort you out to your satisfaction, maybe that's the only way they can do it with their system, I don't know. Hopefully they'll be a suitable offer coming along soon for you.