cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky Sports: Error Connecting please try again...

Hi,

I am trying to watch Sky Sports 1 live, i have a day pass jut activated.

However it is not playing and is displaying a error message at the top of the page which says.....

'There's an error connecting, please try again in a few moments. Service updates can be found on our community.'

I am using Firefox.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello, @Anonymous User

It sounds like a problem with your connection source. Could you please click here to run a free speed test, which will determine the quality of your Internet connection. We want to see a minimum of 3Mbps on the results, otherwise, streaming with NOW TV will be impaired with either buffering or a connection failure.

If the connection results are on or above 3Mbps, try streaming Sky Sports on another registered device, and if the problem replicates, move onto another connection, if possible. If the stream begins to work on another connection, we can narrow the problem down to your network.

Please let me know the outcome of your troubleshooting. You can address me in your post with @Anonymous User to let me know you've replied. 

Thanks!

Osculogic

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello, @Anonymous User

It sounds like a problem with your connection source. Could you please click here to run a free speed test, which will determine the quality of your Internet connection. We want to see a minimum of 3Mbps on the results, otherwise, streaming with NOW TV will be impaired with either buffering or a connection failure.

If the connection results are on or above 3Mbps, try streaming Sky Sports on another registered device, and if the problem replicates, move onto another connection, if possible. If the stream begins to work on another connection, we can narrow the problem down to your network.

Please let me know the outcome of your troubleshooting. You can address me in your post with @Anonymous User to let me know you've replied. 

Thanks!

Osculogic

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same issue and also using firefox. Download speeds of 37MB/s so not a broadband issue

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is rubbish I will be cancelling the payment with my credit card unless its sorted in 5 mins

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It seems to work in safari on a mac

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User Great to hear that it's is working on safari on your Mac. Please let us know if you have this problem again and enjoy the match!! 

ukbobboy
Legend

Dear Forum Members

I can't swear to this but I have heard that Firefox has had (or still is having) problems playing videos and some websites are recommending using another browser, such as Safari.

UK Bob

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

This topic has now been locked as a solution has been provided.

If your question hasn't been answered please click here to start a new topic.