cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky F1 poor quality streaming through TV

We've just set up a new NowTV black box and have a 1 day Sports pass - the picture quality is very poor, jumpy and buffering. Our internet speed is about 30 Mb and we've had no problem with BBC iPlayer, is there anything else we can do?

We decided to test it today as we can always change back to Ch4  but it would be nice to get it sorted before the next time that Ch4 don't have live coverage of the GP.

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thx for your help, didn't know adapters are better than wifi. I have a pair in the draw, so will set them up.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Thx for your help, didn't know adapters are better than wifi. I have a pair in the draw, so will set them up.

Tymo76

Are you using a black NowTV set top box or a different device to watch NowTV ?

If you are using the black box and your Router can operate on both 2.4ghz and 5ghz wifi freq, then from memory i think you can change the setup of the NowTV box to run at 5ghz.

This might give a slightly more stable WIFI signal, worth testing over both WIFI frequency to find out which is best in your home environment. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for all suggestions - I've just come back to update....

We bought a 20m ethernet cable and used that today. Still some slight buffering but watchable. Not an ideal situation (my husband is a walking accident.....20m cable = a visit to A&E at some point  LOL) but was a good compromise.

After a big fallout with Sky a few years ago I refuse to have a Sky contract and changed to a Humax PVR and Freeview - this Now TV compromise enables me to pay for a day pass and watch F1 live when Ch4 don't have the live coverage.