cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky F1 poor quality streaming through TV

We've just set up a new NowTV black box and have a 1 day Sports pass - the picture quality is very poor, jumpy and buffering. Our internet speed is about 30 Mb and we've had no problem with BBC iPlayer, is there anything else we can do?

We decided to test it today as we can always change back to Ch4  but it would be nice to get it sorted before the next time that Ch4 don't have live coverage of the GP.

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum 🙂

Sometimes this can happen when lots of people are watching the same show. Try connecting your box to your internet through a wired connection if it isn't already.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Gregan

It's a long way from the router so I'll save my day passes for the ones I really want to watch on Sky.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Just so you know, the sports passes are valid for a year, as long as you don't activate them. So if you've already started watching it today, that pass is counted as activated.

it might be worth investing in a 'powerline' kit or similar to avoid similar problems in future.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have to agree, I'm a big fan of Now TV but today I found the quality of Sky sports disappointing. I was watching the two live football matches and the quality was dropping and eventually buffering. Normally, the picture is spot on and have no problems. With the football season coming to a end maybe the was a large number watching.

Would powerline adapters be better than just normal wifi?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Yes, I don't use it since my router is next to my now tv box, but a powerline means you can have a wired connection, which is usually quicker, no matter where the router is in the house.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Have to agree, I'm a big fan of Now TV but today I found the quality of Sky sports disappointing. I was watching the two live football matches and the quality was dropping and eventually buffering. Normally, the picture is spot on and have no problems. With the football season coming to a end maybe the was a large number watching.

Tymo76

If practically possible the best method would be hardwired Ethernet, then personally I would consider powerline adaptors and the last option imo would be WIFI.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

schnapps wrote: Tymo76
If practically possible the best method would be hardwired Ethernet, then personally I would consider powerline adaptors and the last option imo would be WIFI. 

I completely agree...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm a long time user of Sky F1 internet passes and this afternoon's performance was very poor.

I also have 30+ Mb/s internet, and all other streaming services were performing normally.

I think if the streaming performance contiues to be this bad, I'll think twice before paying for a pass

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I'm a long time user of Sky F1 internet passes and this afternoon's performance was very poor.

I also have 30+ Mb/s internet, and all other streaming services were performing normally.

I think if the streaming performance contiues to be this bad, I'll think twice before paying for a pass

Hi and welcome to the forum,

In the interest in collecting information: -

• What's the make and model number of your NOW TV playback device?
  • How is your NOW TV playback device connected to the internet. Is it via a wired or wireless (WiFi) ethernet connection?

Cheers