cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Re: Extremely poor picture quality

Same here, only setup yesterday, great on the iPad, only have a 32" Samsung, picture quality is very poor, and pixelated. As I don't have a smart TV... It suggest that the alleged 1080 quality, which I then read the hand book... To see max 720 quality potential. This is poor and a bad start...
31 REPLIES 31
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User 

Thanks for posting.

Quality information for all our devices can be found here: http://help.nowtv.com/article/Streaming-Quality

Please note that the box has never been advertised as 1080p however you may see that when you start a stream the quality starts off low but should, after about 5 minutes of play improve this is because the technology we use adapts to your broadband speed and you may see if fluctuate as your broadband speed does. 

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had a very blurred picture when viewing on my LG670 43" Ultra HD tv. Won't connect to my smartphone even though this is one of my listed devices.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Live BBC channels through the iPlayer app on a NowTV Smart box (to be clear, I do mean through iPlayer and not live freeview) are extremely clear smooth HD.

These BBC channels are live streams. This proves without any doubt that NowTV could do a lot better. The number of people watching seems to be a likely cause - NowTV's servers / systems cannot cope.

The 720 quality is not as good as it could be. Hopefully when HD comes to now TV, there will be more infrastructure / systems improvements which willl bring things up to standard.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Its so annoying, watching palace spurs and i might as well be watching via a dodgy link on a phone. I only buy a day or week pass if there are games i really want too see, i would regularly buy a monthly pass if it wasn't for the poor picture quality. Now TV don't seem to care though.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous Userwrote:

Its so annoying, watching palace spurs and i might as well be watching via a dodgy link on a phone. I only buy a day or week pass if there are games i really want too see, i would regularly buy a monthly pass if it wasn't for the poor picture quality. Now TV don't seem to care though.

I’m watching the same game on roku 3 via WiFi and have no issues, on standard broadband connection so maybe check your internet

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes it might be, thanks.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tried watching 2 movies and each streams like crap. Both have come back with render issue....please try again..yeah..quality service. I have a 74mb connection and never get issues with netflix or amazon...but now tv....all I can say is thank funk this is only the month free trial

You can't enjoy a service like this!!

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User , 

Thanks for getting in touch, I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. 

Can you please let us know what you are trying to watch when you experience this issue? 

Are you connecting to your TV via Ethernet of Wireless? 

Thanks, 

Karl 

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

ok..  streaming ######.. watching hotel budapest for the 5th time, hopefuly i might get to watch all the way through.. ok fell to sleep the first time watching. streaming so low i am getting cut off or just freezing. now i can start watching in full screen mode and now it jumps to a damn square. watched Healing last night, ok last night and not a problem exept streaming quality down to 500/300. watching hotel budapest again and its ###### again.. Come on.. paying for a second rate service. any one tryed blinkbox or any others Amazon, Tesco... goto be better than this mun. Smiley Mad