cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Re: Extremely poor picture quality

Same here, only setup yesterday, great on the iPad, only have a 32" Samsung, picture quality is very poor, and pixelated. As I don't have a smart TV... It suggest that the alleged 1080 quality, which I then read the hand book... To see max 720 quality potential. This is poor and a bad start...
31 REPLIES 31
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:
What bitrate are you obtaining on your 'Sports' live streams when you see these issues occurring?

It says about 3400 IIRC. Usually it starts off at an obviously lower resolution; sometimes it looks like it's 100x100, but quickly ramps up and after 30-60 seconds it's obviously giving me 720p. Ironically the lower resolution picture doesn't seem to have the judder.

I do get a glitch and some picture break up every now and again, and occasionally see the resolution drop down, but not very often. 

I think the ghosting issue might only happen on the Chromecast. Perhaps it simply isn't powerful enough to keep up; I could believe that. But the judder on the LG app is there all the time and at a completely consistent frequency (about 5 frames per second in my estimation), so obviously this isn't a transient connection issue. I've seen exactly the same before on the odd video I might have acquired off the internet and it's always been from when somebody's done a bad job of converting from an interlaced original.

I watched the latest Game of Thrones on NowTV last night (in the LG app), which was perfect, 720p not withstanding. Then I hopped over to the F1 channel which was showing the GP3 race and judder judder judder...

Anonymous User
Not applicable
It either works or it doesn’t. For me it doesn’t, either on my 21” Apple or my 15” i5 Core laptop.
All this talking is exactly what I am so annoyed about: if you need to reset this and reset that, we are talking about patching something or making excuses for something.

I will wait for the GOT video release or come back to NOW when they get an expectable streaming experience, whichever’s first
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
It either works or it doesn’t. For me it doesn’t, either on my 21” Apple or my 15” i5 Core laptop.
All this talking is exactly what I am so annoyed about: if you need to reset this and reset that, we are talking about patching something or making excuses for something.

With respect, viewing 50Hz content correctly on a computer (or mobile device) requires a very different set-up procedure to viewing the same content on a smart TV. So please don't confuse the technical capabilities of these very different viewing systems!

Indeed, this is one of the reasons why this forum offers separate sub-sections for different playback devices!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Have you tried disabling Trumotion on your LG TV ?

You will find the option under Setup>Picture>Truemotion

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Will is the picture so poor really crap most if the time

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Compared to Netflix SD now TV is absolutely rubbish I don't invite anyone to watch football on my TV.

I go to the pub for the best games. The picture is like 1970 type non quality

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Compared to Netflix SD now TV is absolutely rubbish I don't invite anyone to watch football on my TV.

I go to the pub for the best games. The picture is like 1970 type non quality

Hmmm...

Companies such as Netflix (and Amazon) only offer 'on-demand' content, they don't offer 'live streaming'.

Personally speaking, I often view F1 via the NOWTV platform on my 65" LG television (using it's in-built app) and I don't remember having any major image quality issues...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a Laurus tv and I'm watching a movie with the sky cinema pack and it is really poor quality but I'm unsure why can you help 

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

In order to help you, can you please provide the following information: -

• What's the make and model number of the device(s) you're using to access and play NOW TV content?
    [ie: a NOW TV 'black' box, a NOW TV 'white' box or a NOW TV 'Smart' box. Or a 'Games Console' of some type, a 'Set Top Box' of some type, a 'Smartphone' of some type, a 'Tablet' of some type, a 'Windows PC', a 'Mac' computer or another type of device]
  • How is your NOW TV playback device connected to the internet. Is it via a wired or wireless (WiFi) ethernet connection?

Sufficed to say, the more detailed information you are able to provide, the easier it will be for us NOW TV forum members and/or a NOW TV Team member to work out a solution for you!

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

repeated due to time lag issues?