cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Prevented from cancelling sky sports day pass

I tried to cancel my Sky Sports Day Pass which hasn't be activated and had a Kafakaesque conversation with Now TV advisers.

I have a right to cancel within 14 days but have been prevented from doing so. So instead, I have cancelled both my entertainment and movies pass, NowTV will lose out in the long run.

When I bought the pass the email receipt had this at the bottom:

"Cancellation period for any content passes: You have the right to cancel your purchase of a NOW TV content pass, and receive a full refund without giving any reason, any time up to 14 days (“cooling off period”) from the later of: (a) the date of purchase; (b) the date of delivery (for content passes which are redeemed using a voucher code we send you or you have purchased as part of a bundle); or (c) receipt of this notice, except where: You activated a Sky Sports Day Pass or a Sky Sports Week Pass and agreed at that point that you lost the right to cancel or You purchased or activated a Sky Cinema Month Pass, an Entertainment Month Pass or a Sky Sports Month Pass and agreed at that point you lost the right to cancel. "

I looked up help and found this page: https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-do-i-cancel-now-tv

It says this:

"To cancel a Sports Day or Week Pass, you’ll need to chat to one of our advisors. Just select the Get in touch button on this page."

So I chatted to two advisers and they both couldn't cancel my Sky Sports Day Pass.

The only suggestion one of them had was to open a new account!

1 REPLY 1
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Not sure what's happened! As you definitely need someone from NOW TV support your only options really are to keep trying live chat, maybe try saying you want it refunding rather than cancelling if it makes it any clearer to the operator, or use the Send Message option rather than live chat (depends how quickly you are wanting it refunded).

I can tag a couple of the NOW TV Team members on the forum but no idea if or when you would get a response.

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Tony-D