cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Picture Quality (Is Higher Resolution Possible?)

Hi Now TV team.

Any possibility of getting full HD streams, or dare I dream, 4k?

I'd even be prepared to pay a few extra pounds a month for the privalage.

Would anyone else?

I know Sky Q across broadband (dishless I guess you could call it) is being launched in 2018, does that mean we may get the possibility?

Interesting times ahead!

TBF, picture has seemed to be clearer recently!

9 REPLIES 9
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Got to come eventually right? 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I did a survey about "now tv rewards" and one of the loyalty bonuses floated was Watch HD for free. So you never know. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi Now TV team.

Would anyone else?

I know Sky Q across broadband (dishless I guess you could call it) is being launched in 2018, does that mean we may get the possibility?

I might pay a bit extra, but not too much.  The image I get is better than the standard SD image from Virgin and I just cancelled that to get Now TV in preference.  The Now Smart Box would need a bigger buffer otherwise it would only buffer a minute of Ultra HD.

I'm finding that 720p HD watched on a 4K/UHD TV is "upscaled" very nicely on all 3 services (Ent, Cine & Sport) and looks great.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@dr_necessitor wrote:

I'm finding that 720p HD watched on a 4K/UHD TV is "upscaled" very nicely on all 3 services (Ent, Cine & Sport) and looks great.

@dr_necessitor Agreed Smiley Happy

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Miketurn
Scholar 3

I'd rather have an increase to 50fps on the current 720p picture than an increase in resolution, at least on the sports channels.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Miketurn wrote:

I'd rather have an increase to 50fps on the current 720p picture than an increase in resolution, at least on the sports channels.

One hundred percent behind you on the above statement @Miketurn .

stammie1609
Expert

@Miketurn wrote:

Me too, BBC Iplayers live streams at 720P look so much better with 50 fps (although the extra bitrate on Iplayer helps too).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Would anyone else?

I neither need nor want higher resolution on Now TV.  In my cabinet area, there is no fibre broadband and there is no Virgin cable.  I am stuck with ADSL2+ at 10.5 mbps until the year 2020 at the earliest, so HD streaming is problematic and 4K is out of the question.

Wlat