cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

On Sports channels picture freezes sound continues

While using a black Now TV box with a wired connection and a 200 Mbit connection I regularly get 2-3 second picture freezes while the sound continues unaffected. While watching football it happens every 10 minutes or so. It's not a huge issue but more irritating and it only occurs while watching sports. Has anyone had a similar problem that was fixed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, 

Just an update to apologise for the issues you have experienced when trying to watch sport on NOW TV. 

Yesterday we pushed out an update that should now have resolved the issue across our Sports Channels. 

We continue to monitor these channels, if you still experience this issue please let us know.

Thanks, 

Karl

View solution in original post

668 REPLIES 668
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've reported the fault to Now TV, and got the same nonsense response as usual, such as 'you need to check you internet speed', 'try the service on another device'.

My internet speed is top-notch with BT Infinity. My Now TV box works perfectly on all other services, except live sport streaming, so this rules out the TV and Now TV box as the cause.

There are loads of people experiecing the same problem, so clearly it's not specific to my equipment or broadband speeds.

I've spent a lot of money on Now TV passes, and getting fed up of being fobbed off with inane scripts from synth style robots better suited to C4 show, Humans. 

THIS IS A NOW TV PROBLEM. STOP BEING COMPLETELY IGNORANT AND RESPOND TO THESE COMPLAINTS AND SORT THE SODDING PROBLEM. I CAN'T BE MORE DIRECT THAN THAT.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

I've reported the fault to Now TV, and got the same nonsense response as usual, such as 'you need to check you internet speed', 'try the service on another device'.

My internet speed is top-notch with BT Infinity. My Now TV box works perfectly on all other services, except live sport streaming, so this rules out the TV and Now TV box as the cause.

I agree.  My speed is 50mpbs from virgin with an ethernet cable into a Smart box and it occurs there and on Roku sticks via wifi.   Nothing else to check on my side.  Over to you NOW TV.

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

I agree.  My speed is 50mpbs from virgin with an ethernet cable into a Smart box and it occurs there and on Roku sticks via wifi.   Nothing else to check on my side.  Over to you NOW TV.

Same here. Sky Fibre Broadband steady d/l speed about 60Mbps, don't use wifi, no issues with any other streaming services nor with NOW TV Entertainment (only NOW TV Sports exhibits this issue). You/we are being fobbed off...

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@dr_necessitor wrote:

Same here. Sky Fibre Broadband steady d/l speed about 60Mbps, don't use wifi, no issues with any other streaming services nor with NOW TV Entertainment (only NOW TV Sports exhibits this issue). You/we are being fobbed off...

Is this issue happening everytime you view 'sports' content on every channel. Or just on certain events?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It is happening everytime I stream live sport.

It does not matter what channel. I've experienced it on the F1 channel and SS1. Everytime it does it, without exception.

lockmatt
Expert 2

this happens on every sky sports channel,it happens when something is live and when a programme is not live,when you going to get it sorted now tv?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It happens for me every time I watch any sports channel. Sometimes it happens twice in the space of a minute and sometimes I can go for about 15 minutes in between it happening. There is no obvious pattern. I'm on a rock solid 100Mbps virgin media connection and I watch via a Chromecast 2 with the Google Ethernet adapter that allows me to hard wire the Chromecast to one of the Ethernet sockets on my router so there are no WiFi problems to contend with. I stream iPlayer, YouTube, Google play movies and TV content and ITV hub content via my Chromecast without any issues. I also have a Eurosport Player subscription and watch many hours of cycling and snooker at a time via Chromecast with absolutely no issues whatsoever. The issue must be on Now TVs server side as this affects so many different people, using different ISPs, using different equipment, and using different methods of connection but we all suffer EXACTLY the same problem. We can't all be wrong. Get it sorted @Anonymous User

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It would be great if, as many people as possible, experiencing these issues can post on this thread.

Now TV need to wake up to this problem, and stop trying to fob us off with excuses about internet speeds, connections or equipment issues.

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

@dr_necessitor wrote:

Is this issue happening everytime you view 'sports' content on every channel. Or just on certain events?

Can't speak for every channel, as we only watch cricket (which is always SS2), but there is audio disruption every time we watch (access via Roku 2). No issues (either audio or video or anything else) with streaming on any other services (e.g. BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All4 etc) on the same Roku 2.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

Definitely occurs on Sky Sports 1 - Had the issue for WBA v Chelsea game a while back and this weekend for Clare v Limerick GAA game.  Definitely on Sky Sports 1 and highly likely on other channels as I have noted it during Tennis on sky Sports 3 in recent weeks.