cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

On Sports channels picture freezes sound continues

While using a black Now TV box with a wired connection and a 200 Mbit connection I regularly get 2-3 second picture freezes while the sound continues unaffected. While watching football it happens every 10 minutes or so. It's not a huge issue but more irritating and it only occurs while watching sports. Has anyone had a similar problem that was fixed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, 

Just an update to apologise for the issues you have experienced when trying to watch sport on NOW TV. 

Yesterday we pushed out an update that should now have resolved the issue across our Sports Channels. 

We continue to monitor these channels, if you still experience this issue please let us know.

Thanks, 

Karl

View solution in original post

668 REPLIES 668
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is an examle of what I mean. Go to the 29 seconds and it pauses on the live video and then jumps forward about 2-3 seconds. This happens every 10-15 mins.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sl7aahttc4epgqy/2017-05-29%2015.39.06.mp4?dl=0

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Watching the Darts and picture still freezing and sound continues. When is this going to be fixed @Anonymous User

5 pages with various reports of this problem and still no response.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same again last night. Just going to keep reporting it here until something is done about it. Utterly ridiculous that nobody will confirm it is a problem and that it is being looked at.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My sports pass is not working, it just buffers the whole time. How can I fix this.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've been reading these posts and I'm experiencing the same problem.

Screen freezes for 1-2 seconds but the sound is o.k. I've only noticed it on live stream sports.

I first noticed it during the Russian Grand Prix weekend, and it has been consistently playing up since on the F1 channel, and SS1.

I use a black Now Tv box (around 18 months old). All updates are on. I connect my Now Tv box to my router with an ethernet cable.

All cables are in working order and my broadband speed is more than sufficient to provide live streaming (BT Infinity).

I've reset my box, done a full factory reset of the box. All to no avail.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Mark

Anonymous User
Not applicable

There is no fix and the @Anonymous User won't even acknowledge the problem. It doesn't matter what device you use, it happens on everything. It therefore appears that it must be a server side issue rather than a device or app issue.

stammie1609
Expert

This issue seems to be getting worse, a few weeks ago I thought it had been fixed as I had great uninterrupted streams for a week or two but since then its reappeareeed and got to the point of doing it every few minutes.

The Now TV staff on these forums may not want to acknowkedge the problem but I know for a fact its costing them customers, when all is working well my friends who come over for sports say they want to ditch their Virgin Media subs and switch to Now TV but when they see the freezing picture say they wont sub until the issue is fixed.

I suspect this is an across the board problem but if the Now TV staff want to investigate I get it on both of my smart (Freeview) Now TV boxes.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I luckily purchased only a day pass today and with the 7 pound spend i have decided its not woth it to use this awful service any more.

Its a shame that there is no solution and i am not dump to go over the so called technical help tricks that is offered which is not the issue.

good luck to paying members.. try to stop subscription and see if that will prompt the now tv team to listen to what people are saying about the service...

good luck..

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Problem happening all day yesterday whilst watching darts and continues today. To make matters worse I am now seeing instances where the video continues and the sound stops for a second or two!!!

Come on @Anonymous User please at least confirm you are aware of the problem and that it is being looked at?!?

Any comment on this issue please @Anonymous User ?