cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

On Sports channels picture freezes sound continues

While using a black Now TV box with a wired connection and a 200 Mbit connection I regularly get 2-3 second picture freezes while the sound continues unaffected. While watching football it happens every 10 minutes or so. It's not a huge issue but more irritating and it only occurs while watching sports. Has anyone had a similar problem that was fixed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, 

Just an update to apologise for the issues you have experienced when trying to watch sport on NOW TV. 

Yesterday we pushed out an update that should now have resolved the issue across our Sports Channels. 

We continue to monitor these channels, if you still experience this issue please let us know.

Thanks, 

Karl

View solution in original post

668 REPLIES 668
ken242
Expert

@Anonymous Userwrote:

I was watching Sky Sports Main Event and PL channels yesterday, and there was some slight freezing through the games. 

An additional issue, I've been experiencing, is when the picture just disappears and multi-coloured, vertical lines appear all over the screen, before the picture reappears. 

I've not had Sky Sports on much during the F1 off-season, but the two or three times I have, this has been an issue. 

Can anyone please post on here if they are experiencing anything similar?

Mark

i can confirmed the same problem with multi-coloured on sky sport channels all so happing on the moves channes too when i watch live move channels to .

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for that, Ken. Is anyone else experiencing these issues. 

It would be good if people can post their issues to get an idea how bad the problem is.

Any response from NOW TV? Wasted £7.99 on the service yesterday. Not very happy at all, particularly given the woeful live streaming quality for much of last year.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No problems for me yesterday, in fact never had any issues.

ken242
Expert

I’m watching Inferno and I’m getting multicoloured lines when I’m watching a film right now getting a joke now .
ken242
Expert

Funny feeling that might be my HDMI socket on the TV last night I watched a film on my bedroom box and it was okay but no problem living room one I’ll get multi coloured lines On the TV stayed like that for about four minutes and then the NOW TV rebooted itself
stammie1609
Expert

I too have had the multi cloured picture breakup on the last two weekends, the first time I thought it may be a problem with the feed Now TV were receiving or my new Now TV stick, but two weekends in a row with others experiencing it on different devices makes it seem a problem with Now TV again.

Lets hope this is not going to be another 10 month ongoing problem.

ken242
Expert

@stammie1609wrote:

I too have had the multi cloured picture breakup on the last two weekends, the first time I thought it may be a problem with the feed Now TV were receiving or my new Now TV stick, but two weekends in a row with others experiencing it on different devices makes it seem a problem with Now TV again.

Lets hope this is not going to be another 10 month ongoing problem.

same here i get  multi cloured picture breakup  too but it not just the sport channels it the move channels  too 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @ken242

Just to let you know you are not alone with the multi coloured picture breakup on the nowtv streaming service.

I haven't got a sports pass currently, but i have noticed this picture breakup problem on live channels on both my cinema and entertainment pass, where the top third of my TV screen shows weird random multi colours.

Have also reported the above to @Karl-F the Community Manager.

I been trying for a while to take a photograph to pass onto Karl, but because it's random in my case every time it happens i haven't got my camera phone to hand.

If you or anybody else effected can manage to take a photo of this multi coloured screen picture breakup, please post on here to show Karl and his Tech Team where apparently they can't  seem to replicate the live picture issues their end which some of us are encountering.

Thanks. 

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks in advance. 

We've raised this with our teams and are investigating the issue. 

Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. 

Karl

lockmatt
Expert 2

still happening on sky sports premier league channel,SORT IT OUT PLEASE NOW TV

@Karl-Fwrote:

Thanks in advance. 

We've raised this with our teams and are investigating the issue. 

Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. 

Karl

WELL?