cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

On Sports channels picture freezes sound continues

While using a black Now TV box with a wired connection and a 200 Mbit connection I regularly get 2-3 second picture freezes while the sound continues unaffected. While watching football it happens every 10 minutes or so. It's not a huge issue but more irritating and it only occurs while watching sports. Has anyone had a similar problem that was fixed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, 

Just an update to apologise for the issues you have experienced when trying to watch sport on NOW TV. 

Yesterday we pushed out an update that should now have resolved the issue across our Sports Channels. 

We continue to monitor these channels, if you still experience this issue please let us know.

Thanks, 

Karl

View solution in original post

668 REPLIES 668
stammie1609
Expert

@lockmatt wrote:

hope its not coming back,had a freezing issue watching soccer am on the premier league channel

I had a couple of freezez on the premier league channel today, but the F1 channel has behaved itself all weekend for me

This issue now seems to have been fixed. For now anyway!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still not working a  complete was of money

lockmatt
Expert 2

1min and 30secs in sky sports football channel showing barnet v coventry freezes and people think this issue has gone away,wake up will ya

Anonymous User
Not applicable

You guys getting freezing are you using a now tv box or using the app via smart tv ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

You guys getting freezing are you using a now tv box or using the app via smart tv ?

I know this is going to sound rude but please don't try to find answers by diagnosing a problem at our end. Try reading every post on this thread to see the body of evidence that is clear proof that the problem has been at NOW TV's end, oh and the fact that they admitted the same recently kind of gives the game away. Since I had the freezing issue a few nights ago for 2 consecutive nights on the Action channel, it has not happened again since but I have been using the Arena, Main Event and F1 channels only since then. I never watch any football so can't comment about any channels that have been showing that. I have been using the exact same equipment, with no new software, connected in exactly the same way to my router which hasn't been rebooted or altered in any way in that time period. Hopefully the recent issues are minor blips because even when I have had issues, they have not been as frequent as previously and as the broadcast continued they went away completely.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

But surely if it was a problem on their end, everyone would be getting freezes ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

But surely if it was a problem on their end, everyone would be getting freezes ?

Everyone was getting freezes, that's why this thread has 62 pages!!! The problem is that it didn't happen on all channels all the time. The Main Event channel was always free of the issue (I think) and on the other channels it would come and go. Go back to page 1 of this thread and scroll down to the "solution" and read it. You will find an apology from now tv for the issues that we have all experienced and that they have published a software update that should fix it. Does that convince you?

lockmatt
Expert 2

this has started to happen again,its happening while watching the darts on main event channel and sky sports news earlier as well,any one else notice this?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was watching Sky Sports Main Event and PL channels yesterday, and there was some slight freezing through the games. 

An additional issue, I've been experiencing, is when the picture just disappears and multi-coloured, vertical lines appear all over the screen, before the picture reappears. 

I've not had Sky Sports on much during the F1 off-season, but the two or three times I have, this has been an issue. 

Can anyone please post on here if they are experiencing anything similar?

Mark