cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

On Sports channels picture freezes sound continues

While using a black Now TV box with a wired connection and a 200 Mbit connection I regularly get 2-3 second picture freezes while the sound continues unaffected. While watching football it happens every 10 minutes or so. It's not a huge issue but more irritating and it only occurs while watching sports. Has anyone had a similar problem that was fixed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, 

Just an update to apologise for the issues you have experienced when trying to watch sport on NOW TV. 

Yesterday we pushed out an update that should now have resolved the issue across our Sports Channels. 

We continue to monitor these channels, if you still experience this issue please let us know.

Thanks, 

Karl

View solution in original post

668 REPLIES 668
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Does not exactly inspire confidence if its taken them so long to address the issue lets hope sky sought out sky go as well

stammie1609
Expert

Hmmmmmm.........

Well today I've been working but sat down to take my lunchbreak where I happened to be at the time and fired up my Surface Pro 4 to take advantage of the free Sky provided wifi to watch the grand prix qualifying on the F1 channel but ended up with a picture breakup every few minutes, this wasn't on the in car views where you'd expect it but the general coverage, as the qualfying was red flagged I didn't watch too long and put the problem down to the free wifi connection.

I got home in time to watch the full qualifying session and had the exact same breakup on my hard wired Now TV smart box and 212 mbps connection, it seems they have swapped one problem for a new one!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Could it be true? Have they finally fixed it?

Been faultless all day today!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Freezing issue not present today on the Sky F1 channel, but general quality of the stream was rubbish.

Regular picture break-up and sound distortions.

One problem disappeared and replaced by other issues. 

Terrible streaming quality AGAIN from Now TV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Not sure if it's related to these reports of picture and sound quality issues during today's F1 qualifying but I read reports that sky's UHD coverage of F1 today had horrific problems and completely stopped at one stage. I only watched the first part of qualifying until the crash that stopped it but up until that point I had no freezing and perfect picture quality. Must have gone downhill after that.

Soulcal24
Scholar 3

At moment I’m watching Live Italian GP notice into a hour of race no freezing at all so they have fixed issues so if others agree we can close this thread or wait until other members notice change as well
stammie1609
Expert

@Soulcal24 wrote:
At moment I’m watching Live Italian GP notice into a hour of race no freezing at all so they have fixed issues so if others agree we can close this thread or wait until other members notice change as well

Absolutely DO NOT close this thread!

We've had brief preiods during the now near 9 months since this thread started where it looked like the issue had been fixed only for it to return again within a few days.

If we get to Xmas without members reporting this issue I might agree its been fixed but do not let Sky/Now TV off so lightly after 2 days of people saying its ok now!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I watched the Italian GP build-up on the Sky F1 channel.

No freezing on the stream, but there was pixelation and screen break-up, with sound problems at times too.

Immediately turned to watch the coverage on the Main Event channel and issues disappeared.

It appears some improvement has been made on the freezing picture issue, however, the overall quality of the stream on the F1 channel is still ###### poor.

Anyone else experience these problem on the F1 channel today?

stammie1609
Expert

@Anonymous User wrote:

No freezing on the stream, but there was pixelation and screen break-up, with sound problems at times too.

Immediately turned to watch the coverage on the Main Event channel and issues disappeared.

It appears some improvement has been made on the freezing picture issue, however, the overall quality of the stream on the F1 channel is still ###### poor.

I experienced the exact same issues yesterday on the F1 channel, unfortunately I watched the race today on Main Event which was fine.

It beggars belief a multi billion pound digital company can mess up yet again!

I'm probably in a minority of one but here's hoping that Murdoch does take full control of Sky, Fox Sports OTT service is as good as broadcast HD, maybe just maybe when/if Fox control all of Sky there might be some quality control applied to Now TV rather than the cheapest bidder outsourced rubbish we have now!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

I didn't watch any of the build up and only started watching just before the race started. I watched on the F1 channel in order to see whether the freezing reappeared or not. I had no freezing, pixelation or sound issues and I stopped watching immediately as the leading drivers crossed the line. Can't explain why you would have suffered pixelation and sound issues.