cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

On Sports channels picture freezes sound continues

While using a black Now TV box with a wired connection and a 200 Mbit connection I regularly get 2-3 second picture freezes while the sound continues unaffected. While watching football it happens every 10 minutes or so. It's not a huge issue but more irritating and it only occurs while watching sports. Has anyone had a similar problem that was fixed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, 

Just an update to apologise for the issues you have experienced when trying to watch sport on NOW TV. 

Yesterday we pushed out an update that should now have resolved the issue across our Sports Channels. 

We continue to monitor these channels, if you still experience this issue please let us know.

Thanks, 

Karl

View solution in original post

668 REPLIES 668
Miketurn
Scholar 3

Just to add that I am having these picture freezes again. Noticed it was bad last night during the Chelsea game, and all day today as well.

It even froze just as a goal was being scored this evening, which was rather annoying.

This occurs on both wired and wireless connections, black box and smart box. ISP is Virgin Media.

Needs to be sorted once and for all imo, as there always seem to be reoccurring problems with live sports and it makes me less likely to bother subscribing in future.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same. Won't be renewing the sports if this continues. Only happens for me during live sport. All the on demand stuff is fine. Would be nice if someone from NowTv reading the forums would acknowledge the issue.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I get this with the new now smart box (wired connection) but not with the roku stick (wireless connection).  Both are on the same network connection so I suspect it is a device issue.

lockmatt
Expert 2

@Anonymous User it would be nice if someone from the now tv made a comment but this post was first put up at the start of january and no one from the now tv team has bothered,so come on now tv let us customers know what you will be doing about it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Doing the same again tonight for the Southampton V Utd game. Seems to be a demand issue. Any forum mods read these forums?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
Doing the same again tonight for the Southampton V Utd game. Seems to be a demand issue. Any forum mods read these forums?

@Anonymous User What device are you using? I am not having any issues with a SMART box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Happens on my Now TV smart box 3rd gen and 2nd gen, chrome cast and on my phone. It also happens on my phone when at my parents and on my 4G so it isn't a internet issue (BT infinity 100mb download speed). Watched the IPL earlier and was fine. As soon as something which would use cause higher demand (i.e. The footy on Sky Sports 1 tonight), it does it on average once ever 15 mins. Only the picture freezing, the sound continues fine.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Happens on my Now TV smart box 3rd gen and 2nd gen, chrome cast and on my phone. It also happens on my phone when at my parents and on my 4G so it isn't a internet issue (BT infinity 100mb download speed). Watched the IPL earlier and was fine. As soon as something which would use cause higher demand (i.e. The footy on Sky Sports 1 tonight), it does it on average once ever 15 mins. Only the picture freezing, the sound continues fine.

Must have improved as the night went on 🙂  I switched off before half time.

I get this from time to time, but only on the Now TV smart box. No issue on Roku stick nor iPad.    It could be a demand thing as I notced it on Friday's Chelsea game and during the last Andy Murray tennis game.   I don't think it is an internet issue as I have no problems with live streams on iPlayer and I have an under utilised 50M fibre with Virgin (no throttling).

lockmatt
Expert 2

@Anonymous User this has been ongoing since january,this is happening on all sky sports channels wether live or not even sky sports news and its happening on both of my black now tv boxes which are on a wired connection and if you read back on the comments its been ongoing on various platforms,but stiill no one from the now tv team can be bothered to make any sort of comment to us paying customers,ITS SO ANNOYING!!!

lockmatt
Expert 2

come on peeps,lets keep the complaints going,maybe now tv take notice,same problems watching football,darts and pga golf,this is a joke