cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

On Sports channels picture freezes sound continues

While using a black Now TV box with a wired connection and a 200 Mbit connection I regularly get 2-3 second picture freezes while the sound continues unaffected. While watching football it happens every 10 minutes or so. It's not a huge issue but more irritating and it only occurs while watching sports. Has anyone had a similar problem that was fixed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, 

Just an update to apologise for the issues you have experienced when trying to watch sport on NOW TV. 

Yesterday we pushed out an update that should now have resolved the issue across our Sports Channels. 

We continue to monitor these channels, if you still experience this issue please let us know.

Thanks, 

Karl

View solution in original post

668 REPLIES 668

@Anonymous User wrote:

NOW TV must think we are really stupid.

It's (been) kind of looking that way (for a while now) innit?!

stammie1609
Expert

@Anonymous User wrote:

Thanks for your reply, I have checked all the emails about the same issue since April, hence I am getting this case escalated to the dedicated tech team.

They will get back to you via email within 24 to 48 hours of time. I would suggest you to watch on other supported device for the time being. 

To contact us about this topic, reply to this email without changing the subject line.

Or, if you would prefer to use Live Chat visit our Help site selecting the same topic as before and once you’re on chat give us your reference number 02112903.

Thanks

Vikram

The NOW TV Team

Another great response from the NOW TV team. How many times have they told us this issue will be 'escalated' to their dedicated tech team?

Response in 24 to 48 hours? The email was sent over 72 hours ago and no response.

NOW TV must think we are really stupid. 

Once again will someone from NOW TV respond with a meaningful statement on this forum??? Your customer service is the most embarrassing I've ever experienced.

I've now revieved a similar statement except I wasn't told to watch on a different device, this was probably because I'd told them what they were telling me was a waste of time and they'd realise that if they had actually read through this thread that I'd linked to in my original complaint.

I think its clear to see Now TV is so disjointed that no two departments talk to each other in any meaningful way or they have no intention to do anything about this other than to pay us lip service.

Seems to me we have two choices, either take our custom elsewhere or keep complaining here so this thread is the first thing people see when they come to this part of the forum.

As I can now get all Sky Sports channels in full broadcast HD from my TV supllier for £4 a month less than Now TV are charging I'm leaning on the side of taking my custom elsewhere

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Who supplies your with all Sky Sports for £4.00 less?

I am certaintly starting to think the only solution is to ditch the sports service altogether.

Why pay when it is not fit for purpose?

ken242
Expert

hink lot for menbers are thinking the same so you your just canceling the sport channels  because the entanment pass and the move pass are not affected to this problem depends on what pass there got on here but just like you all i got this emails back from the now tv team just say keep eye out for email we will get back to you so far thay have not yet so still waiting .

stammie1609
Expert

@Anonymous User wrote:

Who supplies your with all Sky Sports for £4.00 less?

I am certaintly starting to think the only solution is to ditch the sports service altogether.

Why pay when it is not fit for purpose?

I'm not sure whether its against the rules here to promote rival services but there are two TV, phone and broadband suppliers I know of that are offering the Sky Sports channels considerably cheaper than Now TV at the moment,

one offers them with broadband and phoneline for £28:45 a month for 18 months, the other is offering the channels as an upgrade to your TV package for £22 a month for 12 months or if you want them in HD you add another £7 a month for those 12 months.

These are limited time offers which is why it would be nice for someone from Sky/Now TV to even acknowledge this issue and give us a time frame for a fix.

There is 8 more days left on one of those rival offers so I'll be making my mind up soon, sans any reply from staff here it'll be an easy decision!

ken242
Expert

i added the now tv app and it not freezing on all the sky sports channels just the now tv boxs 

@Soulcal24 wrote:
I was told last night 06/08/17 via live chat that issues with watching Sky Sports will be fixed in time for start of Premier League but we wait and see if that happens

First PL match last night, more matches today. I don't watch PL myself, won't be watching sports until 1st ENG v WI test match later in the week.

So is it fixed "in time for start of Premier League"???

Anonymous User
Not applicable

In response to the previous post. In a word.....No

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

In response to the previous post. In a word.....No

Thanks. I won't be wasting anymore time or money buying NowTV passes then and making recommendations to others, accordingly. For me it's more than 3 strikes and your out, after less than a year. My first match was ruined by several seconds lip-sync problems - A known fault everyone was having at the time. (Fair enough they gave me a free 24h pass but not really the point, when you look forward and build up to a game). Then found it almost unwatchable due to the 60Hz issue , which was eventually "fixed" although it is still not really broadcast quality tv IMO. (something to do with only 25 fps?)  Now the freezing issue. (the last match I watched, could easily have missed a potential goal because of it and it just spoils the entire experience) . Bottom line, NowTV nice idea but just not good enough for me! (It has even put me off switching to Sky for main tv/broadband/phone, as they presumably endorse NowTV and i've lost all faith!)

ken242
Expert

yes i am the same i love cricket but i all so love football at this my 1st choice but what about if if the cricket on the same time as the footbabll the football will be on the mane evt channele and you get the cricket will be on the cricket channel at will be the problem the the mane evt cannel this frzz free but the cricket chsnnel this not