cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

On Sports channels picture freezes sound continues

While using a black Now TV box with a wired connection and a 200 Mbit connection I regularly get 2-3 second picture freezes while the sound continues unaffected. While watching football it happens every 10 minutes or so. It's not a huge issue but more irritating and it only occurs while watching sports. Has anyone had a similar problem that was fixed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, 

Just an update to apologise for the issues you have experienced when trying to watch sport on NOW TV. 

Yesterday we pushed out an update that should now have resolved the issue across our Sports Channels. 

We continue to monitor these channels, if you still experience this issue please let us know.

Thanks, 

Karl

View solution in original post

668 REPLIES 668
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue here using the smart box. F1 is starting to be ruined by this so for the British GP I'm going to switch to Channel 4 on freeview hd.
I'm about to start a sports deal of £20/month for 3 months so may well cancel this early if things don't improve.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just reviewed what F1 races I'll get over the next three months (when I'm not at work) versus channel 4 and the only one I'll miss is the Italian GP so I've gone ahead and cancelled my sports pass.
Not worth paying for poor quality streams with picture freezes every few minutes.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've experienced a lot of freezing pictures whilst the sound continues during the F1 weekend.

Maybe as much as 40 or so freezes of around 1-3 seconds each time it freezes.

Quality of stream dreadful, Now TV not interested with awful customer service.

They simply don't want to listen unless the answer involves providing a self-help guide to buffering.

Customer service with Now TV is like banging your head against a brick wall. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

There is something very odd about all the reasons given by Now TV tech's. I only watch golf on sky sports. I've tried everything they have suggested but nothing works the picture freezes or crashes. Last week I watched the Irish Open  in all four days not one problem, no freezing or crashing. Now with the Scottish Open it happens every few minuets. I wonder how they can explain that? Cheers

When it works, it's fine and everybody's happy.

When it's faulty, customers get the run around and are ignored, meanwhile NOW TV just trouser the cash.

This problem has been dragging on for weeks now - except for a few days last week when it seemed to have been fixed.

NOW TV response to customers has been largely woeful - just one or two posts from staff saying it's being looked into, and that was a long time after the problem first started, and no further updates since.

Very much a "never explain, never apologise" approach (as I have previously seen in dealings with NOW TV's parent Sky).

If I could watch cricket via another legitimate service, I would do so without hesitation!

Not good enough at all.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've tried every single option suggested by the help team and the issue continues. I've decided to go down this route.

https://www.resolver.co.uk/freeadvice/services/3764/issues/94/issue_types/television-picture-stickin...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I accept that things can go wrong now and again, but this issue has been persistent.

I know a lot of customers have experienced this, and made attempts to contact Now TV to make them aware of the issue.

What baffles me is there utter arrogance and contempt. Customers need to be reassured this is being looked into, and fixed without delay.

There has clearly been a complete breakdown in communication between customer service and customer over this issue.

I sent another e-mail on Thursday, but still awaiting some response. This is on top of all of the previous communication I've had with Now TV. 

Many customers experiencing the issue using different hardware (rules out a hardware issue on the customer side), and different broadband providers/routers/speeds etc (so rules out internet speed or connection issues).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unfortunately it is the process one needs to go through in order to have the issue escalated. No more fruitless emails back and forth for me.

stammie1609
Expert

I had freeze-o-rama on Sky Sports F1 yesterday in the race build up so switched to Sky Sports 1 and it was perfect, go figure!

I fear for what we'll be forced to endure once the new channels launch tomorrow when for most events we'll be stuck with one channel and have to keep our fingures crossed that the Arena channel will be simulcasting the event which might be better than the dedicated channel'

I am still confused as to why this issue has now been going on for months and has only been acknowledged once by any Now TV staff!

It must be losing Sky customers. We read in the press how illegal sports streaming is becoming endemic but Sky/Now TV can't provide an online streaming service for their sports product that actually works correctly for more than one or two days a month!!!

Miketurn
Scholar 3

With the footy season coming up, I was hoping they'd have sorted this nonsense out by now. Smiley Mad