cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

On Sports channels picture freezes sound continues

While using a black Now TV box with a wired connection and a 200 Mbit connection I regularly get 2-3 second picture freezes while the sound continues unaffected. While watching football it happens every 10 minutes or so. It's not a huge issue but more irritating and it only occurs while watching sports. Has anyone had a similar problem that was fixed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, 

Just an update to apologise for the issues you have experienced when trying to watch sport on NOW TV. 

Yesterday we pushed out an update that should now have resolved the issue across our Sports Channels. 

We continue to monitor these channels, if you still experience this issue please let us know.

Thanks, 

Karl

View solution in original post

668 REPLIES 668
stammie1609
Expert

@Anonymous User wrote:

same here - match was played without any freezing or other problems - whatever they did has fixed it for me - so I got to watch one game without problems - which makes it an expensive game. Well done for sorting out the problem at last - now resolve what you are going to do about previous issues.

I'd caution on thinking the problem has been fixed, I've had other brief interludes over the past few months when I thought it was gone only for it to reappear a few days later.

If we get through the next few weeks without this picture freeze issue I think I'll be prepared to say its been resolved.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I only got it for the Lions tests - one game watchable is not a good average though

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I only got it for the Lions tests - one game watchable is not a good average though

I am in the same boat, only purchased the sports passes purely for the 10 number Lions games.

Just done the maths where the first 9 number matches where the PQ was terrible with the random freezing of the picture and the last game was the only time the PQ was fine.

Therefore this equates to a 90% Failure rate or a 10% Success rate, it doesn't matter which way you read or spin the statistics they are shockingly dreadful.

NowTV hope you are proud of these above figures ?   

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm a regular F1 viewer and this issue has affected 5 races.

I really do think some form of restitution for the prolonged issues would not be unreasonable.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

'We've always been known for exceptional customer service and we would like to keep up that tradition, we will not let you leave as a dissatisfied customer.

As a gesture of goodwill I would like to offer you a Sky Sports Day Pass for all the hassle you had to face.'

Received this today - someone has a sense of humour -

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Watched the Austria F1 at a friends today.

Usual buffering / pixelating problems during the race on Sky Sports F1, but on Sky Sports 1, everything was fine. We checked back and forth a few times.H e said the same happened with qualifying yesterday of the F1 channel. Only during the live event though, build up and follow up were fine.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just been watching the Sky F1 show, live stream.

Problem seems to have returned. Picture freezing for 1-2 seconds with sound continuing.

Had no issues last weekend, but clearly problem not rectified.

Anyone else experiencing the issues again?

I'm so mad. Bloody useless service.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a day pass to watch the Lions All Blacks game: sound stutters and picture stutters. My connection speed is good and I have reduced definition in an effort to make the thing work.  Any ideas please?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yep, same watching the T20 game as well tonight. Had seemed fine for around a week. Look forward to seeing an update from NowTv 😂😂😂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Blimey this service really is a joke. 

God knows why it worked last week and we are now back to the same old nonsense. 

Any reply to this Now TV?

Already made a complaint and clock ticking before this is getting referred to Ombudsman.