cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

On Sports channels picture freezes sound continues

While using a black Now TV box with a wired connection and a 200 Mbit connection I regularly get 2-3 second picture freezes while the sound continues unaffected. While watching football it happens every 10 minutes or so. It's not a huge issue but more irritating and it only occurs while watching sports. Has anyone had a similar problem that was fixed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, 

Just an update to apologise for the issues you have experienced when trying to watch sport on NOW TV. 

Yesterday we pushed out an update that should now have resolved the issue across our Sports Channels. 

We continue to monitor these channels, if you still experience this issue please let us know.

Thanks, 

Karl

View solution in original post

668 REPLIES 668
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
Just paused the Slovakia v England U21s game for 2 mins and can confirm it still freezes. You can also rewind and replay the pause so it's definitely the broadcast.

Pretty definitive.  So almost definitely the stream is in error.

The only thing now is it is at the same point on different boxes.   I don't have two now TV boxes to prove that.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Another Lions game and yet again numerous picture freezes during the match and too top things off the last 10 minutes the PQ was totally dreadful due to NowTV having technical difficulties with their service.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Phone-Broadband-Service-Status/Issue-watching-NOW-TV-20-6-2017/m-p/43...

This totally sums up my on going bad experience with the NowTV sports service.

@schnappsI was just wondering if that message posted on

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Phone-Broadband-Service-Status/Issue-watching-NOW-TV-20-6-2017/m-p/43...

was finally an acknowledgement of the problem highlighted in this thread?

Wishful thinking perhaps!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@dr_necessitor

I personally think it's a different issue, the NowTV message posted mentions difficulties across all Entertainment, Movies and Sports streaming services.

My only problem mainly has been the random intermittent freezing for short periods on their sports streams.

For me the Entertainment and Movies streams on my devices have been rock soild and nothing for me to complain about.

Like you said on your post might be "Wishful Thinking" on our parts.

@schnapps wrote:

My only problem mainly has been the random intermittent freezing for short periods on their sports streams.

For me the Entertainment and Movies streams on my devices have been rock soild and nothing for me to complain about.

Same here. Annoying!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I sent an e-mail to customer services a few days ago, asking where I can make a complaint.

Just got another babbling tech response about using my mobile.

Thank you for contacting NOW TV

I understand how it feels when technical issue like this interrupts the service, this is definitely not the way we want our customers.

I'd like you to set up a mobile hotspot and connect using 3G / 4G in order for the NOW TV box to update.

Here is the link for iPhone and link for Android

Once you've set up a mobile hotspot, you're going to need to perform a hard reset on the NOW TV box.  

From there go through the set up stages until you get to the network part, there you should see your mobile hotspot. Once you connect to that the box should perform an automatic update, when that is over you should be able to connect to your home broadband.

Please let me know how it goes.

I don't even use my mobile to access any Now TV services, so how this is supposed to help?

Now TV have tweeted me back twice saying they are aware of the thread and the issue is being looked at. Clearly they have no intention of doing anything.

Another ruined weekend of sport. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

wrote:

We'll post more information here when we have an update. If you would like to be emailed when there is an update, click 'Topic Options' at the top of this post, then 'Subscribe'.

@Anonymous User  I would but Subscribe is disabled...

... and so is Reply.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Totally agree with mrj2012. It shouldn't take this much effort for such an important thing to be looked at. 16 pages of being ignored is terrible service. Several mods PMed, emails sent, live chat. At least it's been acknowledged as an issue at long last.
lockmatt
Expert 2

its taken long enough from now tv to reply,lets get it sorted once and for all.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My Sports TV Pass also freezes. I bought it for the Lions Tour, 5 matches in and all have been unwatchable, I've probably lost a good 20 mins of each game due to freezing.  Live Chat have been useless and been told twice the problem has been escalated to the tech team and they'd respnd within 24hrs but they never have.