cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

On Sports channels picture freezes sound continues

While using a black Now TV box with a wired connection and a 200 Mbit connection I regularly get 2-3 second picture freezes while the sound continues unaffected. While watching football it happens every 10 minutes or so. It's not a huge issue but more irritating and it only occurs while watching sports. Has anyone had a similar problem that was fixed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, 

Just an update to apologise for the issues you have experienced when trying to watch sport on NOW TV. 

Yesterday we pushed out an update that should now have resolved the issue across our Sports Channels. 

We continue to monitor these channels, if you still experience this issue please let us know.

Thanks, 

Karl

View solution in original post

668 REPLIES 668
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Having the same issue on Sky Sports 1 trying to watch the Lions Rugby match this morning where the picture would freeze for a couple of seconds which happened about a dozen times for me whilst trying to watch the game.

Don't normally buy a Sky Sports Pass but thought i would treat myself for a month sports pass mainly for the live Lions games and i am extremely disappointed with the streaming quality and the freezing of the picture.

Been using the Nowtv Movies and Entertainment services for over 2 years now with no issues whats so ever (working like a dream to be honest) until now using the Sky Sports service.

Tried the usual rebooting the Now TV smart box and router without any success of fixing the issue (also tried my ATV with the same disappointing results) both devices are hardwired by Ethernet.

My BT 40mbs broadband is working fine and all my other streaming Internet services such has Now TV entertainment/ movies, Netflix and Amazon Prime are stable and working perfectly.

Will monitor the Live Sports feed over the next few days and if this issue persists, i don't think that i would consider buying another Sports pass again in the future or recommend the Now TV Sports service to any of my friends unless there is a big improvement in the NowTV sports service.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps wrote:

... if this issue persists, i don't think that i would consider buying another Sports pass again in the future or recommend the Now TV Sports service to any of my friends unless there is a big improvement in the NowTV sports service.

I suspect the issue will pesist, but for me the only legitimate alternative is to pay £32/month to Virgin, so I will have to just live with it wheneven I watch Sports.  Better to watch 99% of the games than none at all...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just been watching FP2 for the Canadian Grand Prix on Sky Sports F1.

Problem still as bad. Picture freeze for a second or two (NOT BUFFERING).

Rubbish service from Now TV. They don'r want to listen and don't care.

Nice to see customers are so valued. 

Now TV must look at this issue as it has been going on for weeks.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Would be interesting if it happens to everyone at the same time.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm currently in the process of providing answers to their inane scripts about b/band speeds etc.

Now Tv will get fed up of me long before I give up with this. 

Really poor service! They must be able to see a number of customers are suffering with this issue, yet do nothing to resolve it.

It does not matter what device I use, whether I'm connected wirelessly or through ethernet, it does the same thing. 

I've put updates on, reset the box to factory spec, reset the box, nothing works. 

Been watching cricket on Sky Sports 2 since the match started about 10:30 today. This issue persists, several times an hour. One thing that I've noticed is that it only seems to happen during the live sport coverage and never seems to happen during the (frequent) breaks for Sky promos and adverts.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've got the same problem.  I watched the Lions earlier and I'm currently watching the cricket and it freezes randomly a few times an hour. Ive tried it on the black standard Now TV box, a Chromecast and a Chromecast Ultra and the issue is present on all 3 devices. I've also watched on an iPad and the issue doesn't appear to be present although I have only tried for about 10 minutes.  

I'm going to email their support now. It's not really good enough for a service that costs £34 a month.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for posting this. I'm experiencing exactly the same issues on the Sky F1 channel.

I've e-mailed technical support, they asked a lot of inane questions, trying to make out it is my equipment or b/band.

I'm going to persist until they sort it out. As you say, it is a lot of money we pay for these services and they are second-rate.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Watching the F1 qualifying on Sky Sports F1 channel. It has just happened 3 times in about 5 minutes. If you are interested @Anonymous User then please look at all my other posts on this issue for further details. When are you going to acknowledge it????????????????

lockmatt
Expert 2

FIRST REPORTED IN JANUARY,ITS NOW MIDDLE OF JUNE,SORT THIS SH~T OUT NOW TV,DO YOU CARE? IVE WATCHED CRICKET,FOOTBALL,F1 TODAY,AND NOW BOXING THIS EVENING AND ITS STILL ONGOING!!!!!!