cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

On Sports channels picture freezes sound continues

While using a black Now TV box with a wired connection and a 200 Mbit connection I regularly get 2-3 second picture freezes while the sound continues unaffected. While watching football it happens every 10 minutes or so. It's not a huge issue but more irritating and it only occurs while watching sports. Has anyone had a similar problem that was fixed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, 

Just an update to apologise for the issues you have experienced when trying to watch sport on NOW TV. 

Yesterday we pushed out an update that should now have resolved the issue across our Sports Channels. 

We continue to monitor these channels, if you still experience this issue please let us know.

Thanks, 

Karl

View solution in original post

668 REPLIES 668
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem and logged it as a complaint to Now TV so hopefully I will get a response. I don't have the black box as I have it installed on a LG smart TV so it sounds like it will be a problem with Now TV. I even tried to log onto another TV in another house with different broadband, as i thought it may of been my TV or broadband, this proved it wasn't either of those. I'll post back if I get any feedback. It is frustrating watching the footy.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi i've had this problem for months, frozen screen on live sports, sometimes i have sound, other times non, got in touch with now tv, there reply was yes we are aware of problem we're working on resolving it, then today they've sent me an email, saying my sky sports pass should work normally now ?????, wtf, this is'nt my problem, as now tv are owned by sky you'd think they would sort the problem sooner than later.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've got this issue as well. I have a black box as well, but if it's happening on a smart tv then it sounds like a now tv issue rather than a specific box issue.
lockmatt
Expert 2

i also have this happening to me as well,im using the black now tv box on a wired connection.

lockmatt
Expert 2

this is still continuing to happen,is still happening for the rest of you,if so,has anyone from now tv picked up on this subject and looked into it?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, yes, also have this issue now for at least 6 weeks. Used to be fine and is only affecting sports, not movies or entertainment channels as far as I can tell although I don't watch much live tv through the box other than sport.

lockmatt
Expert 2

@Anonymous User@Anonymous User@Anonymous User@Anonymous User this still continues to happen,is it still an ongoing problem for you guys? is anyone from now tv taking any notice?

lockmatt
Expert 2

when watching anything on the sport channels,quite often the picture will freeze for about 2 seconds or so,but the sound continues.i have 2 black boxes and it happens on both of them,i am using a wired connection on the boxes,i can see that someone first brought this up on the 4-1-17 and i have since commented on there post since that date,so this has been ongoing since that date with no one from now tv making a comment regarding this ongoing problem,is this happening to any other people

lockmatt
Expert 2

THIS STILL CONTINUES TO HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ANYONE FROM NOW TV TAKING ANY NOTICE!!!!!!