cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

On Sports channels picture freezes sound continues

While using a black Now TV box with a wired connection and a 200 Mbit connection I regularly get 2-3 second picture freezes while the sound continues unaffected. While watching football it happens every 10 minutes or so. It's not a huge issue but more irritating and it only occurs while watching sports. Has anyone had a similar problem that was fixed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, 

Just an update to apologise for the issues you have experienced when trying to watch sport on NOW TV. 

Yesterday we pushed out an update that should now have resolved the issue across our Sports Channels. 

We continue to monitor these channels, if you still experience this issue please let us know.

Thanks, 

Karl

View solution in original post

668 REPLIES 668
ken242
Expert

this prorblem with multcolured break up this happening on the sport pass the cinema pass and all so entainment pass for the pass 2 months and the now tv team do not care about this issue .

With regard to entertainment & movies, presumably this issue is occurring on streaming the Live channels, as we're not seeing it here at all when streaming content On Demand?

Don't have a Sports pass at the moment, so can't comment on what's happening there - but as most (if not all) Sports content is effectively Live, and the issue seems to be affecting playback on a variety of devices, I would guess that it's a playout problem at the NOW TV end affecting Live channels (rather than specifically a software or device problem).

Sympathies to all affected though, we were affected by the "freezing" issue for quite a while during spring & early summer last year before that got fixed.

It would seem that a general lack of acknowledgement and ongoing communication with customers is, once again, reflecting badly on NOW TV.

lockmatt
Expert 2

@Anonymous User ive started a new thread as you suggested,you still having the issue? 

ken242
Expert

I think the now TV team is more interested in getting fox fits on the mobile don’t care about the TV stick orTV boxes It’s a joke
lockmatt
Expert 2

STILL HAPPENING FFS
DO NOW TV CARE????????????????????????????????????????????????

lockmatt
Expert 2

STILL ONGOING

ken242
Expert

@lockmattwrote:

STILL ONGOING

hope thay fixs it sooer then later i watchen film last night it was going so well till near the the end and what do i get multcoloured break up on the picture .

lockmatt
Expert 2

still ongoing watching darts on main event channel

@Anonymous Userwrote:

While using a black Now TV box with a wired connection and a 200 Mbit connection I regularly get 2-3 second picture freezes while the sound continues unaffected. While watching football it happens every 10 minutes or so. It's not a huge issue but more irritating and it only occurs while watching sports. Has anyone had a similar problem that was fixed?

lockmatt
Expert 2

stil ongoing watching darts on main event channel