cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

On Sports channels picture freezes sound continues

While using a black Now TV box with a wired connection and a 200 Mbit connection I regularly get 2-3 second picture freezes while the sound continues unaffected. While watching football it happens every 10 minutes or so. It's not a huge issue but more irritating and it only occurs while watching sports. Has anyone had a similar problem that was fixed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, 

Just an update to apologise for the issues you have experienced when trying to watch sport on NOW TV. 

Yesterday we pushed out an update that should now have resolved the issue across our Sports Channels. 

We continue to monitor these channels, if you still experience this issue please let us know.

Thanks, 

Karl

View solution in original post

668 REPLIES 668
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@lockmattwrote:

@Anonymous User well aint you lucky,i have a wired connection to my smart box also,as i am writing this,it has happenend on sky sports news,and it was happening for me watching darts last night,and this has been an ongoing problem for a while now,and it looks like no one from now tv cares

No need to be sarcastic. It was you that was asking for others to post feedback on here. I posted so that the ones experiencing problems are aware that it isn't affecting everyone and to share my set up in case it helps anyone rule stuff out. It may also help if it was posted in a thread that accurately reflected the problem. That appears to be multi coloured picture break up, but this thread relates to a previous unrelated picture freezing issue that was fixed some time ago. How are users experiencing the same issue as you supposed to provide feedback if they can't see any threads relating to the problem.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User.

Very helpful to hear your feedback. I've been experiencing the same issue as @lockmatt.

I'm using a NOW TV black box purchased in early 2015. I've tried everything to fix it. 

I'm wired up with an ethernet, changed my HDMI cable, reset the box, checked updates are on. 

Really can't understand what is causing it. 

Does anyone think the age of the box could be the culprit? Just a thought.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you said that it was the first generation white nowtv box and the box kept crashing on the nowtv app then I would have said possibly to your question.

I have the newer third generation nowtv smart box and I have also noticed this random mutli coloured picture breakup on the live entertainment and cinema channels (haven't got a sports pass at the moment to check how bad the sports streams are for me).

In my particular case, this is nowhere near has bad that i suffered on the freezing picture on the sports live feeds from last year.

Currently testing my Apple TV box at the moment and so far i haven't noticed this same picture problem on my ATV, which my nowtv smart box seems to be encountering.

Both my devices are connected over Ethernet where I have a stable 50mbps via BT.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous Userwrote:

Hi @Anonymous User.

Very helpful to hear your feedback. I've been experiencing the same issue as @lockmatt.

I'm using a NOW TV black box purchased in early 2015. I've tried everything to fix it. 

I'm wired up with an ethernet, changed my HDMI cable, reset the box, checked updates are on. 

Really can't understand what is causing it. 

Does anyone think the age of the box could be the culprit? Just a thought.

I have the Black NOW TV box too. I have only recently got it as it was offered to me for free from NOW TV via an email promotion. It is a reconditioned box but looks like new. I can't imagine that the age of the box has anything to do with it as it looks like a few users are experiencing the problem on different hardware. I haven't looked at too many of the responses to this issue but haven't NOW TV already acknowledged that they are aware of the problem? It took months for the freezing issue to be fixed and I hope that you guys get a fix soon as I know how annoying it can be. I'll be watching the Rugby League that is on this evening and I am keeping my fingers crossed that I don't suddenly start to get affected.

lenturn
Scholar 2

I've noticed picture break ups recently when watching sports channels, both via wired and wireless connections.

The picture would suddenly tear and have multi coloured blocks flash up like he signal was bad, before sorting itsef out for a bit. 

This was on two of my Smart boxes.

lockmatt
Expert 2

@lenturn yep been like this for a while,thanks for your post,we have been suffering for a while now

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can't speak for the live entertainment or movies channels as I usually use catch up for tv (or boxsets) and watch the movies 'on demand'. I've had the multi coloured blocks for about one second at a time on the sports channels. It only happens once or twice and at random intervals. I've found if I exit the stream for a second and then return to it the problems go away.

lockmatt
Expert 2

@Anonymous User why should i exit stream and return again,if that makes you happy then good for you,i dont pay the price i pay to do that,ongoing issue for a while now,so exit stream and miss everything yeah?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm just as angry as you @lockmatt regarding these issues, especially after the months of issues we suffered last year. 

Now TV need to crack on and find a solution quickly. It is simply not good enough to expect customers to pay proper money for services that don't work as any reasonable person would expect. 

It would be great if people could keep posting issues on here. The more voices the better.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@lockmattwrote:

@Anonymous User why should i exit stream and return again,if that makes you happy then good for you,i dont pay the price i pay to do that,ongoing issue for a while now,so exit stream and miss everything yeah?

I'm not saying you should nor do I think it's what I should have to do to keep my streams running smoothly. There was no need to take that tone with me to be fair, I was only posting up my scenario with the issue in question. 

BTW, leaving a stream once for one second doesn't mean you 'miss everything'.

Have a nice day @lockmatt Smiley Happy