cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

On Sports channels picture freezes sound continues

While using a black Now TV box with a wired connection and a 200 Mbit connection I regularly get 2-3 second picture freezes while the sound continues unaffected. While watching football it happens every 10 minutes or so. It's not a huge issue but more irritating and it only occurs while watching sports. Has anyone had a similar problem that was fixed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, 

Just an update to apologise for the issues you have experienced when trying to watch sport on NOW TV. 

Yesterday we pushed out an update that should now have resolved the issue across our Sports Channels. 

We continue to monitor these channels, if you still experience this issue please let us know.

Thanks, 

Karl

View solution in original post

668 REPLIES 668

No freezes so far today, watching 1st ODI cricket

Anonymous User
Not applicable

After several freeze free weeks it has suddenly started freezing during the second half of the West Ham v Spurs game. More worryingly this is on the Premier League channel which has been trouble free up to now even whilst the freezing issue was occurring previously on other channels. This is getting beyond a joke. I have had enough. I will not be renewing when my £20.00 per month deal ends at the end of October.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still not working. Freezes then blurred when it returns then Freezes again

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just signed up today and found not only the freezing issue a major problem, but also on the commentry there was an echo and it sounded like they had a stutter

Miketurn
Scholar 3

I've noticed the odd picture freeze now and again, but it certainly wasn't as persistant as before.

However today I've had multiple freezes when watching the Football channel and the Golf channel. Main Event seems largely unaffected as normal.

Seems things are slowly getting as bad as before. Smiley Frustrated

Interesting. Didn't have any freeze at all yesterday during 3rd ODI on dedicated Cricket channel.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I watched the Sheffield derby on the Main Event and also later tried to watch the golf channel and it was still as I have described in my earlier post

Anonymous User
Not applicable

As there have been no further posts on this issue for around 10 days now I assume my fellow NOW TV Sporters are happy that this issue has been resolved. I was watching The Debate on Sky Sports Premier League last evening and the freezing issue was still prevalent. All the other channels in my opinion have been sorted since the "fix" on 1st September and I am very contented with the service I am now receiving. The Premier League Channel was previously o.k. and I only noticed the freezing issue on this channel around 2 weeks ago. I would be interested to know if I am a lone voice or has anyone else noticed the problem just on the Premier League Channel. As I say all the other Channels are O.K. 

Having said that I would just add that the live Gold Channel feed on the Entertainment package also freezes terribly. Although the other channels and all the catch up services work perfectly. It is really strange that on both the Sports and Entertainment packages it is just one channel that appears to be affected by this freezing issue. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi. 

watched Newcastle v Liverpool on premier league channel on Sunday.

Freezing picture and then it would fast forward .

It's not perfect which I would expect if I was paying full price for it.

lockmatt
Expert 2

@Anonymous User all channels should be not be freezing,for the price we are paying,no issues at all it should be