cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

On Sports channels picture freezes sound continues

While using a black Now TV box with a wired connection and a 200 Mbit connection I regularly get 2-3 second picture freezes while the sound continues unaffected. While watching football it happens every 10 minutes or so. It's not a huge issue but more irritating and it only occurs while watching sports. Has anyone had a similar problem that was fixed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, 

Just an update to apologise for the issues you have experienced when trying to watch sport on NOW TV. 

Yesterday we pushed out an update that should now have resolved the issue across our Sports Channels. 

We continue to monitor these channels, if you still experience this issue please let us know.

Thanks, 

Karl

View solution in original post

668 REPLIES 668
stammie1609
Expert

Well............ Now TV Community Manager Karl-F has replied in an off topic thread about this issue 

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Forum-Info-Off-Topic-Chat/Now-TV-footy-versus-illegal-streams/td-p/43...

He said "In regards to the thread you mentioned @stammie1609 We are looking into this issue very seriously and are teams are working to try to resolve this issue as soon as possible."

I'm making no further comment on this, I'll leave the rest of you to decide on its merits.

ken242
Expert

@stammie1609 wrote:

Well............ Now TV Community Manager Karl-F has replied in an off topic thread about this issue 

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Forum-Info-Off-Topic-Chat/Now-TV-footy-versus-illegal-streams/td-p/43...

He said "In regards to the thread you mentioned @stammie1609 We are looking into this issue very seriously and are teams are working to try to resolve this issue as soon as possible."

I'm making no further comment on this, I'll leave the rest of you to decide on its merits.

thanks for the info on this problem mate just went to say can anyone let me if you are still get any freezzing on sky sport channels i do not what to say anythink yet all i say i had sky spots new on for few hours and sky sport mix on for hours and ? just let me know thanks i do not what to go wrong if i say the word if you know what i mean i just try the 2 channels so far .

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, 

Just an update to apologise for the issues you have experienced when trying to watch sport on NOW TV. 

Yesterday we pushed out an update that should now have resolved the issue across our Sports Channels. 

We continue to monitor these channels, if you still experience this issue please let us know.

Thanks, 

Karl

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for the post.  Let's hope this is the end of the issues.  Or at least, if it isn't, you won't fob your customers off either by ignoring them or by asking them to go through several steps with their home setup when the issue is at your end.

ken242
Expert

for the 1st time watched  4 sky sports cannels with out any freezzing  thank you for fixing the problem with sky sport channelss now i can watch my football and crcket and lot more on now tv  and now i keep the sky sport pass and thanks to the now tv techinical /sky team for getting to the problem  ken

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It hasn't been resolved - I downloaded NOW TV a few days ago to watch an Irish football match on Sunday.  Using a weekly pass, picture keeps freezing, very frustrating.  It's a pity, as it would be great to buy daily and weekly passes for certain events, without having to subscribe for the year.

nickmorc
Expert 2

I too had the same freezing  issues on Friday evening watching the Bournrmouth Football Game, then again on the F1 channel on Saturday morning.

ken242
Expert

@nickmorc wrote:

I too had the same freezing  issues on Friday evening watching the Bournrmouth Football Game, then again on the F1 channel on Saturday morning.

so it come back again i i was the football on saturday and it did froze few time 

It's back then? That's bad news!

Although there wasn't any instance of this issue during T20 cricket on Saturday evening (16/09), nor during any of the days of the previous test match (started 07/09). Hence my previous comment that it seems to be fixed. So apologies if that's not correct. But I did also qualify that with a "for now anyway"!

ken242
Expert

far as i can tell it look like it just the sky sport premier football channel i had the cricket with the 20/20 with out any freezing and all so i had few other sport channel on and i had no freezing on there i was free from freezing on the rest off the channels