cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

On Sports channels picture freezes sound continues

While using a black Now TV box with a wired connection and a 200 Mbit connection I regularly get 2-3 second picture freezes while the sound continues unaffected. While watching football it happens every 10 minutes or so. It's not a huge issue but more irritating and it only occurs while watching sports. Has anyone had a similar problem that was fixed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, 

Just an update to apologise for the issues you have experienced when trying to watch sport on NOW TV. 

Yesterday we pushed out an update that should now have resolved the issue across our Sports Channels. 

We continue to monitor these channels, if you still experience this issue please let us know.

Thanks, 

Karl

View solution in original post

668 REPLIES 668

@stammie1609 wrote:

@Soulcal24 wrote:
At moment I’m watching Live Italian GP notice into a hour of race no freezing at all so they have fixed issues so if others agree we can close this thread or wait until other members notice change as well

Absolutely DO NOT close this thread!

We've had brief preiods during the now near 9 months since this thread started where it looked like the issue had been fixed only for it to return again within a few days.

If we get to Xmas without members reporting this issue I might agree its been fixed but do not let Sky/Now TV off so lightly after 2 days of people saying its ok now!

Good call @stammie1609 as the issue has indeed disappeared for a brief time only to re-appear again.

Miketurn
Scholar 3

stammie1609 wrote

Absolutely DO NOT close this thread! We've had brief preiods during the now near 9 months since this thread started where it looked like the issue had been fixed only for it to return again within a few days.

If we get to Xmas without members reporting this issue I might agree its been fixed but do not let Sky/Now TV off so lightly after 2 days of people saying its ok now!

Agree with this. It's far too early to say the problem has been fixed.

ken242
Expert

agree DO NOT close this thread just in case it come back

Miketurn
Scholar 3

Had the freezing issue once this evening when watching the SheffW v Forest game on the Football channel.  Fingers crossed this was a one off.

I've had numerous sound glitches too, but that doesn't seem exclusive to the sports channels.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Anyone having issues in the West Ham v Huddersfield match? My picture has frozen a couple of times in the first half.
ken242
Expert

@Anonymous User wrote:
Anyone having issues in the West Ham v Huddersfield match? My picture has frozen a couple of times in the first half.

i got know problem when i watched the West Ham v Huddersfield match what channel did you have on the sky sport main evt channel your the   sky sport premier channel i had it on the sky sports premier channel and it was fine no freezzing on there .

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was watching it on the Premier League channel. It only happened a couple of times in the first half. I just hope it's not creeping back in.
Miketurn
Scholar 3

@Anonymous User wrote:
I was watching it on the Premier League channel. It only happened a couple of times in the first half. I just hope it's not creeping back in.

It was fine on Main Event, which is why I still tend to use that channel wherever possible.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

When this issue was still ongoing the Sky Sports News Channel was particularly badly affected. I would always be relieved if it was being broadcast also on the Main Event and/or the Premier League Channels as these 2 Channels were generally unaffected by the freezing issue. Since the "fix" on 1st September I have purposely started watching Sky Sports News soley on the Sky Sports News Channel even if it was available on Main Event or Premier League. Having given it 2 weeks I am pleased to report that I have not experienced one single freeze on this Channel.

I would however agree that this thread should definately not be closed as the fear of a freeze return is alway there and it will take a very long time for NOW TV to regain the confidence of its Sports subscribers.

lockmatt
Expert 2

hope its not coming back,had a freezing issue watching soccer am on the premier league channel