cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

On Sports channels picture freezes sound continues

While using a black Now TV box with a wired connection and a 200 Mbit connection I regularly get 2-3 second picture freezes while the sound continues unaffected. While watching football it happens every 10 minutes or so. It's not a huge issue but more irritating and it only occurs while watching sports. Has anyone had a similar problem that was fixed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, 

Just an update to apologise for the issues you have experienced when trying to watch sport on NOW TV. 

Yesterday we pushed out an update that should now have resolved the issue across our Sports Channels. 

We continue to monitor these channels, if you still experience this issue please let us know.

Thanks, 

Karl

View solution in original post

668 REPLIES 668
Soulcal24
Scholar 3

I’ve not watched any sport channels since issue been fixed but I will once there is live event on
ken242
Expert

@Soulcal24 wrote:
I’ve not watched any sport channels since issue been fixed but I will once there is live event on

i had the rugbly on sky sport arena channel it started at 11pm and finished about 2 am and it was free from freezzing the cricket channel was the problem with me but i had the cricket on today and there is know freezzing on there free from freezzing  .

stammie1609
Expert

I shall reserve judgement, we've seen brief periods in the past 8 months where the freeze issue has disappeared for a day or two.

Lets see how it goes before announcing the issue has gone.

ken242
Expert

don't blame you
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I assume this also affects the sky go app im trying to watch the football on my xbox 360 and its buffering and freezing alot 

ken242
Expert

no it Does not affect sky go 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well that makes it even worse then as i assume they both use the same streams and suffer from the same issues ie buffering

ken242
Expert

now tv app it may do 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Well that makes it even worse then as i assume they both use the same streams and suffer from the same issues ie buffering

This thread and the problem that it relates to has nothing to do with buffering.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just watched the Rugby League on Arena channel and there was no freezing at all. That is the first time on that particular channel that there has been no freezing for god knows how many months. IF the freezing issue has been PERMANENTLY fixed then that's great, but I'm still utterly p*ssed off that it has taken 8 months to fix it and the communication has been utterly appalling during all that time.