cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

On Sports channels picture freezes sound continues

While using a black Now TV box with a wired connection and a 200 Mbit connection I regularly get 2-3 second picture freezes while the sound continues unaffected. While watching football it happens every 10 minutes or so. It's not a huge issue but more irritating and it only occurs while watching sports. Has anyone had a similar problem that was fixed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, 

Just an update to apologise for the issues you have experienced when trying to watch sport on NOW TV. 

Yesterday we pushed out an update that should now have resolved the issue across our Sports Channels. 

We continue to monitor these channels, if you still experience this issue please let us know.

Thanks, 

Karl

View solution in original post

668 REPLIES 668
ken242
Expert

i giveing up

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ken242 wrote:

i giveing up

Yes, I have already done so too. Not wasting any more time or money on Now TV, paying for a "premium" product and getting a such a poor quality, unfit for purpose, non broadcast quality annoying and distracting "stream". Won't be recommending Now TV to others, as I have done in the past or getting Sky channels from other sources either, so triple whammy loss for Now tv and Sky. Primarily as a direct result of the stuttering but also the generally poor picture quality and other past issues and issues on this forum. Movies was never really an option for me either as I don't watch movies without Dolby Digital.

Soulcal24
Scholar 3

I think issue with freezing been fixed because I watched on Sky Sports Arena wwe smack down and main event even how they ain’t live never seen it freeze once
lockmatt
Expert 2

freezing issue is still ongoing on all channels except main event which looks like its the only freeze free channel out of the 10 channels we pay alot of money for,its only been ONGOING SINCE JANUARY NOW TV!!!!!!!

ken242
Expert

That's just one channel you're talking about we won all 10 free from freezing this month is my last month i've paid £20 end of September I will be back to £33 that's why I said I will give it up till the end of September if it still the same with all the channels Freezing I will cancel I have given up Guyan into live chat also emailing the NOW TV train I don't think they care about fixing this problem that's why I will cancel end of September If they haven't fixed this problem so far I've got it on the cricket channel and I will see how it goes today that is my worst channel with the freezing fabric with the football channel so far is it freezing but if you are on their good 30 minutes it starts freezing on the channel so I'll see haricots the day I will not old my breath
Soulcal24
Scholar 3

@ken242
Why don’t we add new topic on Sports section say a Petition to fix problems with Sky Sports and if not fixed why don’t all Sky Sport pass users stop there service and NOW TV lose money until it gets fixed
ken242
Expert

good idea and it freezzing on the crcket channel told you it will after you have it on after 30th mims

Anonymous User
Not applicable

If we have paid a Now sub, but have to resort to using HQ pirate streams, are we acting legally as we have paid to watch the sport and Now won't give us our money back for their rubbish picture??

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeah, freezing pretty regularly on the cricket this morning.

Funny it's not doing it during the adverts though.

@Anonymous User wrote:

Yeah, freezing pretty regularly on the cricket this morning.

Funny it's not doing it during the adverts though.

s-same here today on Sky Sports Cricket (was fine yesterday on Sky Sports Main Event as usual)

good old Stutt-o-vision!