cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

On Sports channels picture freezes sound continues

While using a black Now TV box with a wired connection and a 200 Mbit connection I regularly get 2-3 second picture freezes while the sound continues unaffected. While watching football it happens every 10 minutes or so. It's not a huge issue but more irritating and it only occurs while watching sports. Has anyone had a similar problem that was fixed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, 

Just an update to apologise for the issues you have experienced when trying to watch sport on NOW TV. 

Yesterday we pushed out an update that should now have resolved the issue across our Sports Channels. 

We continue to monitor these channels, if you still experience this issue please let us know.

Thanks, 

Karl

View solution in original post

668 REPLIES 668
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Purchased a now TV black box at the weekend along with a sports pass trying to watch has been torture!!! Poor quality picture, buffering etc, picture does settle down then goes back to pixelation!! 

Begining to think I have wasted my money and that Now TV is not fit for purpose

I have rebooted everything, I am using VM broadband 70Mbs no other internet tv related problems I.e catch up TV etc

ken242
Expert

@Anonymous User wrote:

Purchased a now TV black box at the weekend along with a sports pass trying to watch has been torture!!! Poor quality picture, buffering etc, picture does settle down then goes back to pixelation!! 

I have rebooted everything, I am using VM broadband 70Mbs no other internet tv related problems I.e catch up TV etc

now tv time are doing work on the now tv box on wednesday someone on here told me on the same day roku are all so doing the same work at the same time from 3pm till 7pm so see went happend after 8 pm tomorrow night .

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Totally agree. Apart from the subject of this thread that has been ongoing for only 8 months now with no updates or resolution, the streaming quality has been pretty good up until recently. But last few weeks I'm getting lots of periods of low quality pictures with pixelation via my Ethernet connected Chromecast that I've not had before. I have tested my internet speed at the same time from my phone and tablet and getting anywhere between 50mbps and 100mbps and my internet connection is rock solid for 99% of the time so it's not that. Don't expect any help from support as they are beyond useless and will blame everything on you and your equipment and your ISP. The ones on here are equally hopeless as you will see by reading through the desperate requests for updates on this issue in this thread that continue to be ignored. The problem is that if there is a sporting event not covered elsewhere then this is many peoples only option and they charge an arm and a leg for a sh*t service and provide no support when things go wrong. And sky wonder why people resort to illegal streams!!!! It beggars belief.

ken242
Expert

here some inof what going to haooen tomorrow night from 3pm till 7pm 

http://www.a516digital.com/2017/08/roku-to-go-down-on-wednesday.html

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Much the same info is posted here on the forum: NOW TV Box maintenance on 23 August

ken242
Expert

here some new on who got roku boxs https://my.roku.com/ igot one as well as the 2 now tv boxs

ken242
Expert

I've been on Twitter and there is a lot of problem on live TV in the entertainment section by doesn't affect the on demand and catch up
ken242
Expert

Just been told on Twitter that the entertainment channels should be secondhand tonight and be back to normal I was told that they had problem with the entertainment channels today on Twitter
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've been disappointed with the quality of live TV over my Sky Now box.  In particular the Sky sports channels are vey low quality. Issues such as spooling, blurred movement and shadowing of the ball, to the extent that you can follow its trajectory.  Before I give up and try another provider I would be interested to know if anyone gets acceptable quality.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I find the picture quality to be very good. I use the Entertainment and Cinema streams continually and drop in and out of Sport using day passes. I watch via either the LG Smart TV app or a Now Black box set to 1080, I have in the past used a Roku stick and Roku box which were not so good as I think they output at 60hz rather than 50hz which is the frequency being streamed.

Out of interest what are you using to watch?