cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
baldpaul147
Scholar 2

Re: Freezing and glitchy picture

Not watched anything for a week or so but watching the Rugby League tonight on Arena channel. So far the freeze issue has been happening roughly once every minute or so. What are you doing to solve this problem NOW TV? Many weeks ago, one of your operatives poked their head above the parapet and admitted that you are aware of the issue and it is being looked at. Can I suggest that you get your finger out of your backside and don't just look at it but GET IT FIXED.  

This post has been archived

This post has been kept only for reference, it may contain out-of-date or inaccurate infomation.

baldpaul147
Scholar 2

The freezing did improve as the game went on but still happened once every 5 - 10 mins. Nowhere near good enough considering how much it costs.

This post has been kept only for reference, it may contain out-of-date or inaccurate infomation.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm still awaiting a reply to my last e-mails to Now TV customer service, if you can call it that.

They must be aware of this issue. It is clearly a software issue on their side.

An update badly needed to put this issue right. 

If no response by the end of next week, I'll just have to refer my complaint to Ombudsman, and see if they can get any sense out of these people. 

ken242
Expert

@Anonymous User wrote:

I'm still awaiting a reply to my last e-mails to Now TV customer service, if you can call it that.

They must be aware of this issue. It is clearly a software issue on their side.

An update badly needed to put this issue right. 

If no response by the end of next week, I'll just have to refer my complaint to Ombudsman, and see if they can get any sense out of these people. 

you may be awaiting  for some time mate

Re: On Sports channels picture freezes sound continues

Watching day 2 of ENG v WI 1st test match on Sky Sports Cricket and Stutter-stuttervision is back!

Well, I say "back", it probably never went away.

Day 1 (yesterday) was on Sky Sports Main Event and all was fine.

Would somebody (anybody!) from NOW TV care to comment and update as to what's happening to resolve this issue please?

@NOWTV-Team

@Anonymous User

@Anonymous User

@Karl-F

Not holding my breath for any official reply, of course

stammie1609
Expert

@dr_necessitor wrote:

Watching day 2 of ENG v WI 1st test match on Sky Sports Cricket and Stutter-stuttervision is back!

Well, I say "back", it probably never went away.

Day 1 (yesterday) was on Sky Sports Main Event and all was fine.

Would somebody (anybody!) from NOW TV care to comment and update as to what's happening to resolve this issue please?

@NOWTV-Team

@Anonymous User

@Anonymous User

@Karl-F

Not holding my breath for any official reply, of course

After 8 months I think its quite obvious they wont reply and those of us that subscribe monthly must be in such a small minority that Now TV don't care if they lose our custom.

A quite short sighted policy if you ask me as I wonder how many people buy a day or week pass but never come back once they experience this problem.

As for me I'm through doing the right thing and paying for a sub standard service, I am now switching to the 100% reliable overseas services I am lucky enough to have access to that covers all of Sky's sport portfolio.

Once Now TV can provide a relible service they may get my money again!

baldpaul147
Scholar 2

Another evening where a sporting event is spoiled by this error at NOW TV. When are you going to update us on why nothing is being done to resolve this?

@NOWTV-Team

@Andrew-A

@Eddie-M

@Karl-F

Ady1963
Advocate

Re: Judder and blurry sky sports

I've read a lot of solutions on this forum and other articles, as have also suffered from the 'judder' with Sky Sports whilst watching via one of the newer Now TV boxes.  The picture with the newer 50Hz box is exactly the same for me as it was with the older style box which uses 60Hz. 

I have spent many hours and tried all the solutions mentioned on these forums with my Samsung TV, but Sky Sports still has the judder. 

On another one of these threads, someone mentions that Sky transmit Sky Sports to Now TV at only 25 Frames Per Second (FPS) whereas they transmit it to their other boxes (and to BT) at 50 FPS. 

I have BT TV and Sky Sports transmits just fine via the same broadband connection!  But have cancelled Sky Sports via BT due to the recent channel changes and price increase.

So we can try all the fixes mentioned on the various threads, but basically the issue is at source, and needs Sky to step up to the mark and up the FPS to 50 for NOW TV as well. 

I have just paid for Sky Sports via NOW TV on the recent £20 per month deal for 4 months, as I thought I would give it a decent go, but already the juddery picture is really off-putting. 

Don't think I'll be wasting anymore money with the sports.  The entertainment and movie channels work just fine for me by the way. 

0 Thanks
ken242
Expert

for now i  just use the move pass and the entainment pass and all so the freeview channels now till thay get the sport channels done it not what i what to do i love my sport and with the freezing ongoing for long time now but i try to watch the man u match if i on the mane ev channels but i too see all 10 channels fee from freezing like all for us i am getting fruating wth is problem just hope it will be sorted out snner than later but i will not old my breath .

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Swansea Man U is streaming freeze free on both Main Event and Premier League channels at the moment on my NOW TV box. It just shows that when they have to satisfy their main bread winning Premier League subscribers they can make things work. As for the Burton Birmingham match last night on the Football Channel it was the usual stutter vision. So come on NOW TV let us finally have freeze free streaming on ALL Sports channels.