cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

On Sports channels picture freezes sound continues

While using a black Now TV box with a wired connection and a 200 Mbit connection I regularly get 2-3 second picture freezes while the sound continues unaffected. While watching football it happens every 10 minutes or so. It's not a huge issue but more irritating and it only occurs while watching sports. Has anyone had a similar problem that was fixed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, 

Just an update to apologise for the issues you have experienced when trying to watch sport on NOW TV. 

Yesterday we pushed out an update that should now have resolved the issue across our Sports Channels. 

We continue to monitor these channels, if you still experience this issue please let us know.

Thanks, 

Karl

View solution in original post

668 REPLIES 668
ken242
Expert

@Anonymous User wrote:

I'm still awaiting a reply to my last e-mails to Now TV customer service, if you can call it that.

They must be aware of this issue. It is clearly a software issue on their side.

An update badly needed to put this issue right. 

If no response by the end of next week, I'll just have to refer my complaint to Ombudsman, and see if they can get any sense out of these people. 

you may be awaiting  for some time mate

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Another evening where a sporting event is spoiled by this error at NOW TV. When are you going to update us on why nothing is being done to resolve this?

@NOWTV-Team

@Andrew-A

@Eddie-M

@Karl-F

ken242
Expert

for now i  just use the move pass and the entainment pass and all so the freeview channels now till thay get the sport channels done it not what i what to do i love my sport and with the freezing ongoing for long time now but i try to watch the man u match if i on the mane ev channels but i too see all 10 channels fee from freezing like all for us i am getting fruating wth is problem just hope it will be sorted out snner than later but i will not old my breath .

Anonymous User
Not applicable

the now tv player app is rubbish, i have a fast internet connection and can watch fine on my playstation but if i watch on pc or laptop via the now tv player its jerky and unwatchable, ruining the US open, wont pay for it again, want a refund and sort the player out, used ot work on through firefox before i needed now tv player

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sports channel not loading, I'm logged in and it's just got the swirling coloured icon instead of loading...I'm trying to watch the Lions and have already missed the start... any solutions?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Trying to watch the lions live at the moment but the coverage is rubbish

It is not continuous video and the sound quality is poor

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

What type of device are you using to access the NOW TV service?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Another Lions game and still the same outcome with this annoying temporary freeze of the picture during the broadcast this morning.

Come on NowTV pull your finger out, you are totally spoiling mine and other customers NowTV viewing experience, this is becoming an embarrassment, wish i never took out a one month sports pass (a total waste of my money).

In the future i will advise my friends or family to keep away from this sports service until this issue is sorted and until then will only recommend your Entertainment & Movies package only. 

Why won't you reply to customers complaints here, with some re assurances that you are at least investigating the matter.

Please stop burying your head in the sand.

animals-australia-oz-ostriches-television_show-tv_show-jdon470_low.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same on the cricket Worcestershire V Surrey. Every couple of overs freezing up. Missed a wicket as it froze as wicket fell. I wouldn't mind but NowTv don't want to even acknowledge an issue.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I get this exact same problem watching skysports through the app on my pc. I've started a thread in that section of the forum.