cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

On Sports channels picture freezes sound continues

While using a black Now TV box with a wired connection and a 200 Mbit connection I regularly get 2-3 second picture freezes while the sound continues unaffected. While watching football it happens every 10 minutes or so. It's not a huge issue but more irritating and it only occurs while watching sports. Has anyone had a similar problem that was fixed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, 

Just an update to apologise for the issues you have experienced when trying to watch sport on NOW TV. 

Yesterday we pushed out an update that should now have resolved the issue across our Sports Channels. 

We continue to monitor these channels, if you still experience this issue please let us know.

Thanks, 

Karl

View solution in original post

668 REPLIES 668
ken242
Expert

My wife wants to go back to Sky she's told me she's had a enough I told her I will think about it I can' afford it but a lot of people like now TV but if The problem carries on I may go  it's the only way I can get to watch my sports channels I can' afford it I still got my boxes connected but no channels on there just the fee ones give it a few more weeks and if the problem is not solved this is the only way around it

Watching day 2 of ENG v WI 1st test match on Sky Sports Cricket and Stutter-stuttervision is back!

Well, I say "back", it probably never went away.

Day 1 (yesterday) was on Sky Sports Main Event and all was fine.

Would somebody (anybody!) from NOW TV care to comment and update as to what's happening to resolve this issue please?

@Anonymous User

@Anonymous User

@Anonymous User

@Karl-F

Not holding my breath for any official reply, of course

stammie1609
Expert

@dr_necessitor wrote:

Watching day 2 of ENG v WI 1st test match on Sky Sports Cricket and Stutter-stuttervision is back!

Well, I say "back", it probably never went away.

Day 1 (yesterday) was on Sky Sports Main Event and all was fine.

Would somebody (anybody!) from NOW TV care to comment and update as to what's happening to resolve this issue please?

@Anonymous User

@Anonymous User

@Anonymous User

@Karl-F

Not holding my breath for any official reply, of course

After 8 months I think its quite obvious they wont reply and those of us that subscribe monthly must be in such a small minority that Now TV don't care if they lose our custom.

A quite short sighted policy if you ask me as I wonder how many people buy a day or week pass but never come back once they experience this problem.

As for me I'm through doing the right thing and paying for a sub standard service, I am now switching to the 100% reliable overseas services I am lucky enough to have access to that covers all of Sky's sport portfolio.

Once Now TV can provide a relible service they may get my money again!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've read a lot of solutions on this forum and other articles, as have also suffered from the 'judder' with Sky Sports whilst watching via one of the newer Now TV boxes.  The picture with the newer 50Hz box is exactly the same for me as it was with the older style box which uses 60Hz. 

I have spent many hours and tried all the solutions mentioned on these forums with my Samsung TV, but Sky Sports still has the judder. 

On another one of these threads, someone mentions that Sky transmit Sky Sports to Now TV at only 25 Frames Per Second (FPS) whereas they transmit it to their other boxes (and to BT) at 50 FPS. 

I have BT TV and Sky Sports transmits just fine via the same broadband connection!  But have cancelled Sky Sports via BT due to the recent channel changes and price increase.

So we can try all the fixes mentioned on the various threads, but basically the issue is at source, and needs Sky to step up to the mark and up the FPS to 50 for NOW TV as well. 

I have just paid for Sky Sports via NOW TV on the recent £20 per month deal for 4 months, as I thought I would give it a decent go, but already the juddery picture is really off-putting. 

Don't think I'll be wasting anymore money with the sports.  The entertainment and movie channels work just fine for me by the way. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Watched football yesterday. I have an excellent broadband connection. Yes I got the freeze and stutter  all the way through games. It is NOW TV problem and dont let them say otherwise. Luckily it was the free pass I got for the Open Golf which I declined to watch as this event is a major event and should be transmitted on BBC. A point of principle. Wont be buying any Sports passes in future until issue is resolved. Oh and just went the full hog and cancelled Sky TV as well due to ever increasing price rises. Priced themselves out the market as far as I am concerned. My offers on Now TV Cinema and Entertainment finishing soon too. Due to their prices they are getting ditched to. Only had them for a second TV anyway as refuse to pay £12 to Sky for this nonsense...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Regarding the previous post I find it interesting that NOW TV can throw free day passes around like confetti for the Open Golf. They also did it last year, but when have they ever given a free pass for a football event. But we get the last laugh as I also had no intention of using the free pass to watch the golf. I will use it as a one-off later in the year (after my £20.00 current offer runs out) to watch a Premier League game. Hopefully stutter vision will have been resolved by then.

ken242
Expert

i got the football on the sky sports premier football channel it ok but i will not hold my breath it will stay like this . i got a email fews day  ago say the problem this with us and it ongoing it nothing to do with your bradband and we are woking on the  problem  right now and hope  to have it fixs as soon as possible and and we will email when  it fixs got this email  few days ago i see if i get a email back i still will not hold breath on getting a email any time soom .

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Blimey, the HS2 railway could be built in a quicker time than they are taking to fix this issue.

Can't say I've received any such communication from Now TV.

Frankly, I think they are telling us anything and have not intention of looking into this properly.

stammie1609
Expert

Well TTUNL-Chelsea this afternoon on Main Event was freeze free 🙂

It just goes to show they can get it right, I dunno what was better getting a perfect stream from Now TV or Chelsea beating those that cannot be named from North London LOL

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Lucky you,

mine froze a lot, and this Barcelona match is pretty much in slow motion it is freezing so much.  Having buyers remorse of my Day pass. 😔