cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

On Sports channels picture freezes sound continues

While using a black Now TV box with a wired connection and a 200 Mbit connection I regularly get 2-3 second picture freezes while the sound continues unaffected. While watching football it happens every 10 minutes or so. It's not a huge issue but more irritating and it only occurs while watching sports. Has anyone had a similar problem that was fixed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, 

Just an update to apologise for the issues you have experienced when trying to watch sport on NOW TV. 

Yesterday we pushed out an update that should now have resolved the issue across our Sports Channels. 

We continue to monitor these channels, if you still experience this issue please let us know.

Thanks, 

Karl

View solution in original post

668 REPLIES 668
ken242
Expert

thank mate

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ken242

Like @dr_necessitor, never had any picture freezing issues when watching NowTV entertainment boxsets, tv catch up shows or on demand movies.

Once in a blue moon, i may encounter some minor buffering on the NowTV live channels which is extremely rare though.

I do have a decent internet download speed which BT have increased to my property (now up to 45 mbps Smiley Happy) and my internet entertainment devices are all connected by Ethernet giving a stable internet viewing experience Smiley Very Happy 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have hi-speed broadband. No issues with Netflix, Google Play, BBC iPlayer or ITVplayer. The NOW TVplayer is really poor quality. Glitchy, stuttering, freezing for a second or two/three etc. Undecided whether to persevere or to wait till it's all on YouTube. Probably be the latter.

ken242
Expert

the entertainment this ok on my boxs it just the sport not ok

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I wish i see this thread befor ordering a now tv box,  i wanted to watch the mcgreggor mayweather fight but i take it iv got no chance using the box office app?

stammie1609
Expert

LOL I've recieved yet another troubleshooting email, I've invited Sanjeev from the Now TV help team to read this thread (again) and post to tell us what's going on.

I wont hold my breath for him to take up this offer.

ken242
Expert

welcome jackdouglas too the forum yes this this were we come if we have probems  your if you neen help on here .

i know wy i was haveing probems whith the Entertainment channels i had to do a sofwarw updated and the entertainments channels was ok . i wish it solved the sky sports channels but  not still got the same probems on there like we all have 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Not watched anything for a week or so but watching the Rugby League tonight on Arena channel. So far the freeze issue has been happening roughly once every minute or so. What are you doing to solve this problem NOW TV? Many weeks ago, one of your operatives poked their head above the parapet and admitted that you are aware of the issue and it is being looked at. Can I suggest that you get your finger out of your backside and don't just look at it but GET IT FIXED.  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The freezing did improve as the game went on but still happened once every 5 - 10 mins. Nowhere near good enough considering how much it costs.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm still awaiting a reply to my last e-mails to Now TV customer service, if you can call it that.

They must be aware of this issue. It is clearly a software issue on their side.

An update badly needed to put this issue right. 

If no response by the end of next week, I'll just have to refer my complaint to Ombudsman, and see if they can get any sense out of these people.