cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

On Sports channels picture freezes sound continues

While using a black Now TV box with a wired connection and a 200 Mbit connection I regularly get 2-3 second picture freezes while the sound continues unaffected. While watching football it happens every 10 minutes or so. It's not a huge issue but more irritating and it only occurs while watching sports. Has anyone had a similar problem that was fixed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, 

Just an update to apologise for the issues you have experienced when trying to watch sport on NOW TV. 

Yesterday we pushed out an update that should now have resolved the issue across our Sports Channels. 

We continue to monitor these channels, if you still experience this issue please let us know.

Thanks, 

Karl

View solution in original post

668 REPLIES 668
ken242
Expert

Well done about you guys I've just watched two matches on sky sports football channel without any frezzimg for The first time on my now TV box after I've done some work on it this morning what the NOW TV tell me to do in an email I posted it all out in the above house 43
ken242
Expert

I take it all back it's feezing on the cricket channel did not last long before the freezing come back
ken242
Expert

Which is better 1080p or 720 just like to know
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ken242

What make and model TV have you got connected to your NowTV device ?

According to NowTV the quality of their live Sports Streams on the majority of the supported devices is 720p.

I would let your own eyes judge for yourself to see if the 720p or 1080p setting looks on your TV display.

Personally, as expected they look close to me on my TV set where the 720p does seem a tad softer in the picture quality to my naked eye.

I leave mine set at 1080p, however if i was doing a blind test i reckon i wouldn't be able to tell the difference to be honest.

Obviously, this post of mine doesn't have any bearing on the picture freezing issues on the NowTV sports broadcasts and it doesn't matter if you leave it at 720p or 1080p the random intermittent freezing of the picture will be still prominent which you knew this already.

Also, i reckon everybody will know when NowTV eventually fixes the continuing picture freezing when they decide to post back on here with an official message saying that they believe that they technical team have rectified the sports broadcasts problems (just my opinion and take it with a pinch of salt).  

IMO, they should be pro activate on here and at least acknowledge customers grievances and not bury their heads in the sand like nothing is wrong and totally ignoring their customers.

Shame Full.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ken242 wrote:
Which is better 1080p or 720 just like to know

It depends entirely on how good the 'upscaler' is on your television!

ken242
Expert

I've got sharp TV for HD
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ken242

Test the TV in both settings and let your eyes be the judge which looks better (i will be surprised if you notice much of a difference though).

ken242
Expert

Thanks mate I will
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi guys,

Just to say I had the same problem yesterday all day. Was trying to watch Tottenham and Man U, but ended up cancelling my Sports subscription without having watched one single half-hour streak of ok footie stream. Totally unacceptable.

As a side note - I've run many other streaming services (including NowTV for GoT and other series) and these work fine; the only service that causes issues is the NowTV app.

In terms of hardware I was streaming on my Macbook 12" and onto my Sony Bravia TV via an HDMI cable, which worked absolutely abysmally.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all,
I've been following this thread for awhile because like many of you I have been suffering the random freezing issue. Unlike most of you though I don't appear to suffer it anywhere near as badly, I although I do get a picture freeze for all of a 2-3 secondswhen watching via my now TV Bix it catches back up instantly and the sound continues during that second picture freeze. Over the course of the Man Utd West Ham game yesterday this must have happened maybe 5 or 6 times. So I effectively lost 10-15 seconds of the match and no more.

Whilst watching the Saturday lunch time game via the app on my phone I did not experience a single issue.

From what I've read many of you are experiencing much worse issue than myself. It just seems so random but I do agree there should be no freezing at all and now TV should have acknowledged the issue by now.