cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

On Sports channels picture freezes sound continues

While using a black Now TV box with a wired connection and a 200 Mbit connection I regularly get 2-3 second picture freezes while the sound continues unaffected. While watching football it happens every 10 minutes or so. It's not a huge issue but more irritating and it only occurs while watching sports. Has anyone had a similar problem that was fixed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, 

Just an update to apologise for the issues you have experienced when trying to watch sport on NOW TV. 

Yesterday we pushed out an update that should now have resolved the issue across our Sports Channels. 

We continue to monitor these channels, if you still experience this issue please let us know.

Thanks, 

Karl

View solution in original post

668 REPLIES 668
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was promised a response from Now TV tech team days ago. Still no response.

This is utterly appalling customer service from Now TV. 

stammie1609
Expert

So today I've used four sports streaming services and once again all worked without a hitch except Now TV!

ken242
Expert

so today i get 5 emails all in one day this morning about the problem from the now tv team today .telling me to do these steps 

Step 1: Unplug your NOW TV Box and router

• Unplug both your wireless router and NOW TV Box.
  • Wait a few minutes. Then plug your router back in first, followed by your NOW TV Box.

You won’t need to set up your box after doing this. Just head over to the main menu and try the NOW TV app again.

You can fix many issues by performing a hard reset of your NOW TV Box to return it to its default factory settings. Find out how to reset your Box

Changing the amount of ‘bits’ of data (the techie term is bitrate) streaming through your NOW TV Box could improve your picture quality.

• Press these buttons on your remote control:

Home x5
Rewind x3
Fast Forward x2

You’ll see a screen with various bitrate options. Just select ‘Automatic’ and try watching your programme again.

Your wireless signal strength varies in different parts of your home. For instance, certain household appliances or thick walls can block it, or there may even be ‘dead spots’

Depending on where your NOW TV is located, you may notice an improvement if you reposition it. Simply move it closer to your wireless router and check if that makes a difference.

This updates your software, fixing any faults in the process.

• Start by pressing your NOW TV remote control buttons in this order:

Home x5
Fast Forward x3
Rewind x2

• Select the Update Software option that appears on the next screen.
  • Press OK, even if you already have the latest version. 

Hope this information helps.

To contact us about this topic, reply to this email without changing the subject line.

so i done what was on the email so far it been ok but i dont know now lone it will last befor i get the freezing back i see how it go 

sa for it ok i see how this go 
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ken242

Looks like a standard scripted NowTV reply if you ask me, anyway hope it works in your particular case.

I cancelled my Sports Pass due to the continuing random freezing of the picture and it was definitely nothing to due with my devices or high speed internet connection.

There is something fundamental wrong in the way Now TV are streaming their Sports broadcasts and what is more frustrating that they will not acknowledge customers complaints on here or provide any details what they are doing in the background to fix this on going issues.

Come on NowTV "man up and have the decency" by letting all your customers know what's happening with this sub standard Sports Streaming Service (shockingly poor customer service).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ken242 wrote:
The only way you can watch all 10 sky sports channels is on the NOW TV app on your phone or your PC without having freezing problem it's just the boxes got the freezing

No it's not. It affects all ways of watching NOW TV on every device. Please don't mislead others into believing that there are ways of preventing the freezing. Look back through all 42 pages and you will see that people have tested every combination of device possible and everyone gets it. The problem is at NOW TV's end and therefore it is completely irrelevant what combination of device and software is used at our end as they will all suffer with the freezing issue. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My stream drops out every few minutes and I get a message saying that there is a technical problem/something's wrong.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same happening on my iMac. First the Now TV Player said I was using too many devices - I'm only using one, the same one! - and now that the player has started, it keeps on freezing after around 10 seconds of streaming. I tried restarting my Mac and just about everything. I swear if I don't get to see the Man Utd v West Ham match in 45 mins time, I'll never use Now TV again...

ken242
Expert

well after what the now tv team told me to do in the email i got today i had the sky sport preminer channel on i watched the spurs v newcastle match i had no freezing from start too finish i not saying it fixs the problem i have not tryed the other sky sports channels but  seriously i had no freezing on this channel will if i get the freezing after the west ham match and if do i let you no 

Soulcal24
Scholar 3

NOW TV got to fix problems of freezing how sky is going dish free next year and no Sky tv customers want problems like NOW TV customers
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Further to my previous posts I have now received a response from the NOW TV Team. A standard worded reply telling me to re-set my NOW TV Box. This wouldn't be so laughable but I had already told them I watch using a Google Cast dongle on my TV!! In view of the continued freezing issue, the terrible picture break-up during the Man U game this afternoon combined with NOW TV's shockingly bad Customer Service I have cancelled my subscription. I actually feel relieved! Back to BBC Radio 5 Live and Talksport for me now.