cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

On Sports channels picture freezes sound continues

While using a black Now TV box with a wired connection and a 200 Mbit connection I regularly get 2-3 second picture freezes while the sound continues unaffected. While watching football it happens every 10 minutes or so. It's not a huge issue but more irritating and it only occurs while watching sports. Has anyone had a similar problem that was fixed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, 

Just an update to apologise for the issues you have experienced when trying to watch sport on NOW TV. 

Yesterday we pushed out an update that should now have resolved the issue across our Sports Channels. 

We continue to monitor these channels, if you still experience this issue please let us know.

Thanks, 

Karl

View solution in original post

668 REPLIES 668

currently enjoying yet another day of the ENG vs SA test match in stutter-stutervision...

lockmatt
Expert 2

ISSUE STILL ONGOING NOW TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It has now started freezing on Main Event this morning whilst watching Sky Sports News. This is just desperate. So much so as a BT TV customer I am now contemplating going for their option of just the Main Event Channel for the same price as all the Sports Channels on NOW TV!! An expensive option I know but at least it will be in HD and the picture will not freeze. And you can still cancel when you want with 30 days notice.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

It has now started freezing on Main Event this morning whilst watching Sky Sports News.

It started happening on the Main Event channel over a week ago. It certainly wasn't happening as much as on the other channels, maybe 3 times in 2.5 hours but it was definitely there.

ken242
Expert
Looks like it's spreading to all the channels now so it's freezing on all 10 channels that's not good news to hear
ken242
Expert

i got 4 email saying have i try different devices email.  so i emai then   back  teling then at every email i had this the same over and over again saying the same have try differnet devces the way thing are going i and going to give up on the now tv team .

ken242
Expert

The only way you can watch all 10 sky sports channels is on the NOW TV app on your phone or your PC without having freezing problem it's just the boxes got the freezing I notice on the NOW TV app did not Please note this is not good enough for customers who want to watch Your now TV box
stammie1609
Expert

@ken242 wrote:
The only way you can watch all 10 sky sports channels is on the NOW TV app on your phone or your PC without having freezing problem it's just the boxes got the freezing I notice on the NOW TV app did not Please note this is not good enough for customers who want to watch Your now TV box

I had the odd freeze using the Windows 10 app last night for the Arsenal game.

It wasn't as bad as it can be but did happen 4 or 5 times

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The problem now is because the freezing issue has been so bad in the past we are now just pleased if it happens less often. It should not happen at all. Period. I am awaiting a response at the moment from the Technical Team. I am not holding my breath but will post on this forum if they come back with anything useful.

ken242
Expert

well i am just saying i have not had is promblem on the now tv app so far i i got window 10 too.