cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

On Sports channels picture freezes sound continues

While using a black Now TV box with a wired connection and a 200 Mbit connection I regularly get 2-3 second picture freezes while the sound continues unaffected. While watching football it happens every 10 minutes or so. It's not a huge issue but more irritating and it only occurs while watching sports. Has anyone had a similar problem that was fixed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, 

Just an update to apologise for the issues you have experienced when trying to watch sport on NOW TV. 

Yesterday we pushed out an update that should now have resolved the issue across our Sports Channels. 

We continue to monitor these channels, if you still experience this issue please let us know.

Thanks, 

Karl

View solution in original post

668 REPLIES 668
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well I watched the Rugby League match last night for about 2.5 hours on the usually freeze free Main Event channel and I had 3 freezes! Admittedly that isn't anywhere near as much as the other channels but it's annoying that it has started to affect that channel at all. Unfortunately the rugby league is only being shown on Arena tonight and the freeze issue is there in all its glory. It's absolutely disgraceful that none of the NOW TV staff can even be bothered to provide any update on here with regards the progress being made on this issue. Mind you, if the only answer they can provide is "we are doing rag all about it and don't give a crap about you lot as long as you keeping coughing up your hard earned money to our sub standard service" I don't think I'd bother either.

ken242
Expert

lot off menbers given up here the now tv team have not got back to us on here about this problem because no one know whan it going to be fixs or not it been going on for long time now .

ken242
Expert

look like you may be right about the freezeing on the main event channel i got the cricket on now and it freez for mimt just a bit i donrt know what going to happend when the footboll on at at 12noon today so it as not freez just have to see how it go ?

@Anonymous User wrote:

Nice to see NowTv are continuing to broadcast the new football season in Stuttervision!

STUTTERVISION!

Genius! The most marvellous and very apt description of the Sky Sports on NOW TV ongoing situation...

"To me" (customer hands over cash to NOW TV)

"To you" (NOW TV presents Sky Sports in "fabulous new and improved never seen before* Stutter-stuttervision")

* well not seen before a few months ago anyway

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Was thinking about buying a sky sports pass think I will give it a miss for now.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

After taking the 4 month deal @20 quid I now feel that if this major issue isn't sorted by next month I'll be pulling the plug.

Has Now ever even replied on this thread yet?

ken242
Expert

same here i am paying £20 up till september them i am back to £33 pound i not going to pay that if there not going to fixs this problem .

@Anonymous User wrote:

@After taking the 4 month deal @Anonymous User quid I now feel that if this major issue isn't sorted by next month I'll be pulling the plug.

Has Now ever even replied on this thread yet?

@Anonymous User

Yes!  4 posts on a thread comprising 378 posts from 04-01-2017 20:40 to date

@Karl-F (Community Manager) @ 03-07-2017 09:46

@Anonymous User (NOW TV Team) @ 22-06-2017 11:56

@Tony-D (NOW TV Team) @Anonymous User-06-2017 14:31 & 20-06-2017 13:54 - edited ‎20-06-2017 13:54

ABYSMAL COMMUNICATION

Anonymous User
Not applicable

^wow!!

For a company who say they've the best out there, I'm very suprised Sky haven't sorted this after the guts of a year

@Anonymous User wrote:

^wow!!

For a company who say they've the best out there, I'm very suprised Sky haven't sorted this after the guts of a year

Yes, it's both annoying and utterly appalling.