cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

On Sports channels picture freezes sound continues

While using a black Now TV box with a wired connection and a 200 Mbit connection I regularly get 2-3 second picture freezes while the sound continues unaffected. While watching football it happens every 10 minutes or so. It's not a huge issue but more irritating and it only occurs while watching sports. Has anyone had a similar problem that was fixed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, 

Just an update to apologise for the issues you have experienced when trying to watch sport on NOW TV. 

Yesterday we pushed out an update that should now have resolved the issue across our Sports Channels. 

We continue to monitor these channels, if you still experience this issue please let us know.

Thanks, 

Karl

View solution in original post

668 REPLIES 668
ken242
Expert

the problem is with the sky sports channels i have know problem the moves and know problem entainment channels that all i got addy roku stick  on tuesday i am going two add it too see if i have the same problem prperly it will be the some problem with that  too but i will try it anyway .

stammie1609
Expert

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi davpal1.

What I can't understand is why I can stream catch-up services on BBC i-player, ITV hub, C4, Now TV movies and Now TV entertainment with no issues, yet only get this freezing issue when watching live stream sports.

Surely if this was my internet, I'd be experiencing it on all platforms?

Its not our internet provider or the platform we're viewing on, its a Now TV issue.

I get the issue on my 212 mbps Virgin Media connection and can reproduce it by switching to my Three unlimited 20-40 meg 4G service.

It also appears on my Now TV smart boxes, my Windows 10 Surface Pro 4 and my Windows 10 laptop.

Once again today viewing the F1 on the dedicated channel produced the error within the first minute of watching but switching to the main event channel has produced a freeze free service.

The cynic in me thinks Now TV's fix will be to make the main event channel as bad as the others rather than actually trying to make all the themed channels work correctly! I hope I'm wrong on that but no resolution to this issue after many months leaves me very jaded,

I even had a friend last weekend boasting that their illegal stream of the golf was working better than my paid for Now TV service!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Once again today viewing the F1 on the dedicated channel produced the error within the first minute of watching but switching to the main event channel has produced a freeze free service.

Same here. I started on the Main Event channel and watched it for over an hour without issue. Then decided to see what the dedicated F1 channel was like (having experienced the issue on that channel everytime I have used it) and it started to happen within 2 minutes of watching, so I quickly turned back to Main Event. I have also noticed that the same freeze issue happens to the sound (but not at the same time as the picture and not quite as often) as well now.

When it's working well (e.g. on the Main Event channel) the quality is excellent and I never have any problems with buffering or anything else for that matter. Just hoping they have found the solution to the problem and will roll out to the other channels bit by bit.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

If Now TV provided proper streaming without issues suffered by many on this forum, I'd happily continue with Now TV.

Being ignored by Now TV customer service and continuing service issues leaves me very angry.

ken242
Expert

do you knwm whet the now tv team should do this give us the sky sports channels free till thay found the problm and fixs it who agee ? because the problm been gooing on for some time how and it getting annoyiing . dont get me wrong the now tv been good up to now since i been with then and i with stay with the there been good to me to repying to my email s but there got to put the members 1st .

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry to rain on your parade but this HD is the BEST I have ever had (for the sports pass). I am just on a PC with normal broadand connection.

Miketurn
Scholar 3

Got myself a half price deal for sports and was watching the F1 quali on Main Event today, no problems.

Every other sports channel however has had the freezing issue. Been watching the darts tonight on Action and thre's been plenty of picture freezes.

I'll stick to using Main Event wherever possible in future, as that seems to be the only one that works properly so far.

ken242
Expert

the sky sports main evt channel freez fee with on problem it the other sky channels thay are the problem but i got to say  i  had sky one on last night and it freez for mim then the film  what i had on  was ok till it finished. then when i what to bed i put on my now tv box on in my bedroom on and it just rebooted it self i do not know what going on here.

ken242
Expert

i am watching cricket on the main event channel with no freezing on the channel but if i go to the cricet channels guess what i get yes i get freezing on the channel 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same happening for me. So very frustrating... spoke to them on online chat and they told me to do a factory reset ? Not even going to bother as reading through this it seems it won't make a difference! Which products don't suffer this stuttering ?