cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

On Sports channels picture freezes sound continues

While using a black Now TV box with a wired connection and a 200 Mbit connection I regularly get 2-3 second picture freezes while the sound continues unaffected. While watching football it happens every 10 minutes or so. It's not a huge issue but more irritating and it only occurs while watching sports. Has anyone had a similar problem that was fixed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, 

Just an update to apologise for the issues you have experienced when trying to watch sport on NOW TV. 

Yesterday we pushed out an update that should now have resolved the issue across our Sports Channels. 

We continue to monitor these channels, if you still experience this issue please let us know.

Thanks, 

Karl

View solution in original post

668 REPLIES 668
stammie1609
Expert

It seems to me only the main event channel is free of this freezing issue, watching the test match this afternoon the problem is prevalent in the cricket channel but not on main event.

Therefor I suggest it should be an easy fix for Now TV to sort this out not the months of feet dragging we've all been suffering, it just needs all chnnels to use the same settings and configurations as the main event channel!!

@stammie1609 wrote:

It seems to me only the main event channel is free of this freezing issue, watching the test match this afternoon the problem is prevalent in the cricket channel but not on main event.

Same here.

@stammie1609 wrote:
Therefor I suggest it should be an easy fix for Now TV to sort this out not the months of feet dragging we've all been suffering, it just needs all chnnels to use the same settings and configurations as the main event channel!!

Agreed - but what are the chances of that happening eh?!

stammie1609
Expert

@dr_necessitor wrote:

Agreed - but what are the chances of that happening eh?!

The evidence of the last few months would suggest there is not much chance of this happening at all.

However this is definately costing Now TV customers, I know of 3 people in the past week who would have switched to Now TV but have instead chosen to take up Talk Talk's offer of broadband and Sky Sports for £28:45 a month for 18 months, all 3 would've subscribed to Now TV on a monthly basis despite it costing more but have been put off by this issue and see it as a no brainer to go elsewhere and save a few quid at the same time.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@stammie1609 wrote:

Exactly what I've noticed whilst watching the darts. Action channel has the freeze issue but main event doesn't. I am desperately hoping that they have found a potential fix and are trialling it on the main event channel to see if there are any knock on effects. BUT IF THEY WOULD ONLY TELL US THEN WE CAN STOP SPECULATING.

dgilbert2
Scholar

I was just about to post a new thread on this picture freezing issue on NOW TV live channels but found this thread instead.

I hope this gets resolved soon as this gets annoying after awhile, even if only a few times an hour.

Surly the NOW TV can see this issue too!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can confirm the picture freezing issue, whilst sound continues, is still prevalent on the Sky F1 channel.

I'm going to try out the main event channel tomorrow.

My last two e-mails to customer services have been totally ignored. 

Now TV need to get a handle on this, as it has become a major embarrassement to their live sports streaming service. 

Frankly, it is the worst customer service I've ever experienced in my life. 

ken242
Expert

it just not on the sports cannels i had a email  to someone i know to say thay had it on few enerment channels too .

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I don't have this problem. In fact the Sports pass freezes, NEVER!!! It's maybe your local connection.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Contact your local server.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi davpal1.

What I can't understand is why I can stream catch-up services on BBC i-player, ITV hub, C4, Now TV movies and Now TV entertainment with no issues, yet only get this freezing issue when watching live stream sports.

Surely if this was my internet, I'd be experiencing it on all platforms?