cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

On Sports channels picture freezes sound continues

While using a black Now TV box with a wired connection and a 200 Mbit connection I regularly get 2-3 second picture freezes while the sound continues unaffected. While watching football it happens every 10 minutes or so. It's not a huge issue but more irritating and it only occurs while watching sports. Has anyone had a similar problem that was fixed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, 

Just an update to apologise for the issues you have experienced when trying to watch sport on NOW TV. 

Yesterday we pushed out an update that should now have resolved the issue across our Sports Channels. 

We continue to monitor these channels, if you still experience this issue please let us know.

Thanks, 

Karl

View solution in original post

668 REPLIES 668
stammie1609
Expert

I put the womens world cup on this afternoon on the new cricket channel and straight away got the picture freezing with the sound continuing, I switched to the main event channel and its been fine.

Here's hoping every sport I want to watch is simulcast on main event or Sky can get all channels working equally well.

If this isn't resolved by the time my offer expires I think I'll give up on doing the right thing and switch to the alternative I have availble that I now only use for events not on British TV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The latest of my complaint is;

I apologies for the hassle caused and for late response.

I've gone through your account and see that you have purchased Sky Sports Month Pass on 20/06/2017.

You have access the pass and have watched the content hence I won't be able to arrange full refund the payment for you.

We have already given you free Sky Sports Day Pass which you can use to watch your next favorite game.

As an exception, we also offered refund of £10.99 which you do not wish to agree.

This is the best that we could do to resolve your issue.

is it me...............

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have BTTV (not allowed to put a dish up and virgin not available at my property) and was quite happy subscribing to Skysports 1&2 in HD. Since Sky have made these ridiculous changes we lost 1&2 and just got main event. As a football fan of a Championship club (shock horror, there are football fans in this country who don't support a Premier League club) I doubt whether I would get much coverage of my team through just the main event channel. I decided to buy a monthly pass through NowTV and for the same price get all 10 channels.

Having just bought the channels I thought I'd try them out. The quality was appalling. I've watched better streams hosted by someone in Australia using dial up Internet. The channels would also buffer for about 30 seconds after every 3/5 seconds. I did a speed test and my speed was 74mb download and 20mb upload, so certainly speeds that should be able to deal with 720p streams.

After contacting support the only thing they could do was offer me a refund. Not tell me at all why the problem was happening or what they were doing to fix it. I'm now left with no Skysports at all now because of the incompetences of the big companies who care more about point scoring with each other than the customer.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
I have BTTV (not allowed to put a dish up and virgin not available at my property) and was quite happy subscribing to Skysports 1&2 in HD. Since Sky have made these ridiculous changes we lost 1&2 and just got main event. As a football fan of a Championship club (shock horror, there are football fans in this country who don't support a Premier League club) I doubt whether I would get much coverage of my team through just the main event channel. I decided to buy a monthly pass through NowTV and for the same price get all 10 channels.

Having just bought the channels I thought I'd try them out. The quality was appalling. I've watched better streams hosted by someone in Australia using dial up Internet. The channels would also buffer for about 30 seconds after every 3/5 seconds. I did a speed test and my speed was 74mb download and 20mb upload, so certainly speeds that should be able to deal with 720p streams.

After contacting support the only thing they could do was offer me a refund. Not tell me at all why the problem was happening or what they were doing to fix it. I'm now left with no Skysports at all now because of the incompetences of the big companies who care more about point scoring with each other than the customer.

i) What device are you using?  Laptops give a pretty poor experience even if you have a fast connection.  Try a now tv box, a roku stick or a chromecast, should improve matters.

ii) The issue in this thread is not about buffering, it is about a glitch where the picture freezes for about a second.  Start your own complaint 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yesterday's T20 Blast cricket seemed to be fine on the "Main Event" channel but the freezing was noticeable for me when watching it on the "Cricket" channel.

ken242
Expert

it freezes on sky sport mixs when i had the crcket on few days go and i had the 20/20 last night and it was ok on sky crcket channel on so it may be few channls that are the problem .

ken242
Expert

will take it all back  just been trough all the channels for few mim amd on all channels thay are freezes

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can't believe that NOW TV/SKY don't constantly monitor the technical quality of their output ??

Their lack of response / acknowledgement to the issue raised in this thread  is extremely poor.  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Luckily i haven,t lost any money with this but thought i,d try out the free 1 day pass to watch The Open Golf on the main event channelwith a view to purchasing a box and giving Now Tv a try.

Sound is great but the picture is totally unwatchable.(freezing every couple of seconds)  Been searching for a while for a customer care number and found nothing.

Very dissapointing and won,t be back

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

The NOW TV media streaming side of the service is a fully 'online service' which offers help to its customers via Live Chat, via Send Enquiry or via this Help Forum (by forum members, along with a comprehensive range of Help Centre articles). And as such, there is no customer care telephone number...

For everyones future reference, access to 'Live Chat' can be found at the bottom left of most, if not all the 'Help Centre' articles via the green 'Contact Us' button (which leads to the 'Live Chat' button). The idea being that after finding and reading the 'Help Centre' article that fits your needs you should be able to resolve your issue yourself and only have to contact a NOW TV representative as a last resort.

Cheers