cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

On Sports channels picture freezes sound continues

While using a black Now TV box with a wired connection and a 200 Mbit connection I regularly get 2-3 second picture freezes while the sound continues unaffected. While watching football it happens every 10 minutes or so. It's not a huge issue but more irritating and it only occurs while watching sports. Has anyone had a similar problem that was fixed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, 

Just an update to apologise for the issues you have experienced when trying to watch sport on NOW TV. 

Yesterday we pushed out an update that should now have resolved the issue across our Sports Channels. 

We continue to monitor these channels, if you still experience this issue please let us know.

Thanks, 

Karl

View solution in original post

668 REPLIES 668
Anonymous User
Not applicable

F1 unwatchable. Had to go round my parents who have Sky. Glad I'm going to the race tomorrow as this service is a joke. Where's the Community Manager gone? Someone might want to out a missing persons report out for him!

Yes seeing it here again today on ENG vs SA 2nd test cricket 😞

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Another day of F1 and yet more freezing pictures whilst the sound continues.

I've vented my spleen at Now TV for weeks about this issue. 

Nobody provides any explanations, other than bull self-help guides about buffering. Now that would normally be peachy, but seeing the problem has nothing to do with buffering, it does not really help.

Wake up Now TV and start taking this issue seriously. It's not going away so you may as well just deal with it.

I've issued a formal complaint weeks ago and you appear to have done next to nothing. 

I will be using the posts provided in this thread as proof if I need to contact Ombudsman about this. 

Worst customer service I've ever experienced, and I've dealt with a lot of halfwit companies in my life. 

Frankly, you are an utter disgrace and should be thoroughly ashamed of the sevice you provide. 

If there was any other practical service available to me, I would use it and never use Now TV ever again.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My eventual reply from NowTv

Hi Robert,

Ref: 02179832

Sorry for delay in response.

This is what we can do best.

We are working hard to make NOW TV services better each day so that you can enjoy the best possible quality.

If you have any query please feel free to contact us on live chat we will try sorting the issue.

Hope this helps.

To contact us about this topic, reply to this email without changing the subject line.

?    makes no sense to me - any ideas??

Is there an issue for trading standards here - they have not supplied the services that they have charged for?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

just recieved a reply from just a few hours ago - things seem to be improving

Thanks for contacting NOW TV. 

I understand how it feels when you face such issues. But stay assured, we'll get this sorted for you.

I understand a Sky Sports Day Pass as a compensation is unfair for the service you have lost. I've replaced your Sky Sports Day voucher with a Sky Sports Week Pass. Here's the voucher code for Sky Sports Week Pass-NOWGP

I hope this brings a smile on your face. Just give us a shout if you face any further issue, if not, enjoy watching.

To contact us about this topic, reply to this email without changing the subject line.

Or, if you would prefer to use Live Chat visit our Help site selecting the same topic as before and once you’re on chat give us your reference number 02179832.

Still if there are still issues then what is a 7 day pass worth?

stammie1609
Expert

@Anonymous User wrote:

just recieved a reply from just a few hours ago - things seem to be improving

Thanks for contacting NOW TV. 

I understand how it feels when you face such issues. But stay assured, we'll get this sorted for you.

I understand a Sky Sports Day Pass as a compensation is unfair for the service you have lost. I've replaced your Sky Sports Day voucher with a Sky Sports Week Pass. Here's the voucher code for Sky Sports Week Pass-NOWGP

I hope this brings a smile on your face. Just give us a shout if you face any further issue, if not, enjoy watching.

Or, if you would prefer to use Live Chat visit our Help site selecting the same topic as before and once you’re on chat give us your reference number 02179832.

Still if there are still issues then what is a 7 day pass worth?

I don't know if you are but if you're paying monthly for Sky Sports what is the point of a day or week pass as compensation when you'll never be able to apply it!!!

Today with Sky Sports was just ridicuous, the freezing issue was by far the worst I've seen yet, even Sky Sports News was doing it several times a minute!

Perversely firing up the Sky Sports app seemed to cure it (although I did only watch for a few minutes), when I'd have assumed the app would be using the same stream the live channel does?

When are any Sky/NowTV reps going to come onto this thread and tell us what the problem is and what plans and timescale they have for fixing it?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I use Now TV sports passes for watching test match cricket.  Never had any problem until present match against South Africa.  Every 10 minutes or so the picture freezes.  I have an LG tv and BT fibre optic broadband.  The router is connected to the tv via Ethernet cable.  The broadband speed has been checked by BT and there are no problems.  I have tried various options given to me via a Now online chat.  Nothing worked.  Has anyone got any ideas how to correct this problem.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

NowTV sports pass customers are effected with intermittent freezing of the picture whilst watching any of the broadcasted live sports stream, which has been on going for months.

Have a read of this 29 page thread about the issues.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Sports/On-Sports-channels-picture-freezes-sound-continues/m-p/433616#M12068

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I have an LG tv and BT fibre optic broadband.  The router is connected to the tv via Ethernet cable...

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

As you can see your new post (along with any replies) has been moved out of the NOW TV Smart Box sub-section and merged into this existing topic which is about the same subject.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Considering how judery and poor quality the streams are for the sports channels, how can they justify the high price?