cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

On Sports channels picture freezes sound continues

While using a black Now TV box with a wired connection and a 200 Mbit connection I regularly get 2-3 second picture freezes while the sound continues unaffected. While watching football it happens every 10 minutes or so. It's not a huge issue but more irritating and it only occurs while watching sports. Has anyone had a similar problem that was fixed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, 

Just an update to apologise for the issues you have experienced when trying to watch sport on NOW TV. 

Yesterday we pushed out an update that should now have resolved the issue across our Sports Channels. 

We continue to monitor these channels, if you still experience this issue please let us know.

Thanks, 

Karl

View solution in original post

668 REPLIES 668
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I concur with all the other contributors - after a nightmare watching the first 2 Lions tests - dare I expect or even hope for a decent service for the last one?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

I concur with all the other contributors - after a nightmare watching the first 2 Lions tests - dare I expect or even hope for a decent service for the last one?

Given the thread started six months ago and nothing seems to have changed, then expect nothing and have no hope!  Over 230 posts (though a few have been removed) and zero impact.  The thread that cannot be named has just 81.  Lightweights!

@Anonymous User wrote:

Well unfortunately my expectation ahead of the 1st ENG v SA test match on Thursday is for another 5 days of cricket being spoiled by this issue 😞

The communication from NOW TV has been woefully poor to date. They really need to up their game on that front! But remaining hopeful that this issue will be resolved soon.

ken242
Expert

i have got the same problem the cricket on at the weekend and it freeing for mintes then it ok bit later it freeing again i reset my rueter 3 times and it still the same .

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ken242

Sounds like you are encountering the same picture freeze problem that many NowTV Sports Pass customers have rightly complained about on here.

This issue is still on going and i would suggest adding your frustration with the NowTV Sports Pass broadcast streams to this thread linked below.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Sports/On-Sports-channels-picture-freezes-sound-continues/m-p/432175#... 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Karl-F I think most people can understand if there is a problem. It's the complete lack of communication that has made people angry. In 23 pages, on 2 occasions it has been acknowledged that there is an issue and even then it's a bit vague. As the community manager, can you please give regular updates as to what's happening?

@Anonymous User wrote:
@Karl-F I think most people can understand if there is a problem. It's the complete lack of communication that has made people angry. In 23 pages, on 2 occasions it has been acknowledged that there is an issue and even then it's a bit vague. As the community manager, can you please give regular updates as to what's happening?

@Karl-F"what he said!"

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have to say, not one freeze while watching the cricket test today as well.

Almost end of play on day 1 of 1st ENG v SA test match & all still looking good here. Not freezing at all today (a bit like the weather 😮
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Looks promising guys, watched the 2.5 hour Lions 2009 "Living with Pride" Documentary last night and not a single picture freeze glitch (The way it should be all the time).

For me the acid test will be the Final Lions Game live this Saturday morning.

Hopefully, once this issue has been finally fixed and officially confirmed on here by the NowTV Team, i honestly believe that NowTV seriously need to look into compensating customers in some way or another who have suffered these appalling poor sports streaming PQ problems over a long period of time has a thank you gesture for all their perseverance and patience.