cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

On Sports channels picture freezes sound continues

While using a black Now TV box with a wired connection and a 200 Mbit connection I regularly get 2-3 second picture freezes while the sound continues unaffected. While watching football it happens every 10 minutes or so. It's not a huge issue but more irritating and it only occurs while watching sports. Has anyone had a similar problem that was fixed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, 

Just an update to apologise for the issues you have experienced when trying to watch sport on NOW TV. 

Yesterday we pushed out an update that should now have resolved the issue across our Sports Channels. 

We continue to monitor these channels, if you still experience this issue please let us know.

Thanks, 

Karl

View solution in original post

668 REPLIES 668
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@dr_necessitor wrote:

stammie1609 wrote:are any Now TV staff on these forums going to offer or tell me a way to get compensation for the last month of spoilt viewing that I paid £34 for?

And the rest of us!

If there were, this thread wouldn't have had 216 replies (and counting), all complaining about this problem over the past few weeks months.

In the meantime, they are (allegedly) "looking into it"...

My experience as per the show whose name should not be mentioned is no amount of moaning or complaining will make any difference wahatsoever.  The transmission won't be improved and you won't get compensation.  As the Admin/Mods say move on...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

same here on LG TV - still awaiting response from NOW TV after a week

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Just-so everyone knows,

All 'off-topic' comments and replies regarding the 'Walking Dead' have been moved to here: The Walking Dead Season 7, first half has disappeared without warning...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So, you may recall I had an email a week ago saying my email had been forwarded to their "second line team" who would investigate and get back to me.  Well, here is their response:

"Thank you for contacting NOW TV.

I see that you had trouble in accessing the NOW TV Box.

Please get back if you are still having problems in accessing.

I look forward for your reply."

I give up.  I'm going to cancel my sub.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

Just-so everyone knows,

All 'off-topic' comments and replies regarding the 'Walking Dead' have been moved to here: The Walking Dead Season 7, first half has disappeared without warning...

divide and rule.

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

We're very sorry for the inconvenience this issue may have caused. 

We continue to investigate why this issue occurs and hope to have this resolved as soon as possible. 

We are very sorry for the experience you have encountered. 

As soon as we have an update we'll post in this thread. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Karl-F wrote:

We continue to investigate why this issue occurs and hope to have this resolved as soon as possible. 

Sure.  @NOWTV-Team  @Karl-F   will we get compensated for this issue ?  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have had the same problem on 3 recent attempts and no offer of compensation. During the last 2 Lions games I have got onto the instant chat and tried to resolve issues with agent. This has included hard wiring TV to hub to my 100Mbps connection. Still no luck. Majorly frustrated and no offer of compensation. Can't risk it again for 3rd test. Grrrr

stammie1609
Expert

@Karl-F wrote:

This issue has been going on for months, I appreciate you saying its being looked into but I think you owe your customers a fuller explanation of what's going on.

I would also ask what you are going to do to compensate me for paying £34 for a months access and all bar one event in that month has been spoilt by this issue (as well as many others over the preceeding 3 or 4 months)?

If you do not wish to open a can of worms in a public forum I'm perfectly happy to discuss this further with you via PM or email.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Be greatly appreciated if you can keep us updated regarding this issue. 

Been a highly irritating problem, surely this can be rectified soon?