cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

On Sports channels picture freezes sound continues

While using a black Now TV box with a wired connection and a 200 Mbit connection I regularly get 2-3 second picture freezes while the sound continues unaffected. While watching football it happens every 10 minutes or so. It's not a huge issue but more irritating and it only occurs while watching sports. Has anyone had a similar problem that was fixed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, 

Just an update to apologise for the issues you have experienced when trying to watch sport on NOW TV. 

Yesterday we pushed out an update that should now have resolved the issue across our Sports Channels. 

We continue to monitor these channels, if you still experience this issue please let us know.

Thanks, 

Karl

View solution in original post

668 REPLIES 668
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Contacted Now TV help, via twitter, last night. 

Linked this thread in. Was told to contact technical support. Just going round in circles with this.

Now TV are not interested, don't want to know, don't care.

Nice to feel such a valued customer. 

Now TV a Sky company I believe, so no great surprise. Heard their customer service is atrocious.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've had exactly the same problems, freezing hanging, etc,  missed huge chunks of the game - I only bought the pass to watch the Lions but wish I hadn't wasted my money. I'm still waiting a response over 2 days later - internet chat was just a long wait followed by copy of things to try. My tv auto updates as well, and I've tried all the other steps to no avail

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've PMed some of the mods again and been ignored once again. The worst customer service I've ever experienced. I would be ashamed if I gave this level of support in my job. No, I would have been sacked!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am fed up with NOW TV and their ignorant staff. My picture keeps on freezing and when I contact their help the staff cut you off after a short time. MY ADVICE IS DON'T BY INTO THIS ABOMINATION IF YOU WANT QUALITY.

@Anonymous User wrote:

While using a black Now TV box with a wired connection and a 200 Mbit connection I regularly get 2-3 second picture freezes while the sound continues unaffected. While watching football it happens every 10 minutes or so. It's not a huge issue but more irritating and it only occurs while watching sports. Has anyone had a similar problem that was fixed?

Yes it is the worst quality I have ever experienced

@Anonymous User wrote:

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

An excellent Lions game which was spoilt once again by the random freezing of the picture (Thanks a bunch NowTV)  Smiley Mad.

I haven't seen one match during the course of the Lions four week Tour (disappointment is a big understatement) Smiley Mad

I reckon i have got a better chance too win the lottery (3 balls £25 win) than watch a half decent picture on your NowTV sports stream.

Never had this problem with watching BT Sports and Eurosports via their IPTV service which always provides a flawless high quality picture to my TV set.

I cringe to think how poor the Sky new IPTV platform will be like when Sky starts rolling out this new service as an alternative to their satellite option next year (I won't be considering it has things stands where BT and the competition should have nothing to worry about, if this is the sports streaming model Sky are going to adopt).

NowTV must at the least communicate with their customers who have reported these issues, giving them some sort of timescales of fixing this on going problem.

Also, personally i think you need to offer your customers who have encountered these PQ issues some sort of compensation or refund for their troubles putting up with this shockingly poor sports streaming service.

Off to watch the Tour De France now on the Eurosport channel with my BT TV subscription where i know i can enjoy 3 weeks of continual coverage where the picture will look fantastic. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry but just coming in on this now.  I presume that somebody has already suggested trying Internet Explorer.  I had the same problem using Chrome but it's ok using IE.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Might be wrong, but I believe it's happening across all devices.

For me the random freezing of the Sky Sports picture occurs on my NowTV Smart box, two NowTV standard black boxes and my Apple TV 3 (ie all my four maximum allocated devices).

Can't comment on using IE on a PC, but for me i want to watch my paid sports pass via a big television set Smiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's happening to me on standard Now TV black box and laptop (chrome browser).

I'm having no issues with internet speed or connection (52 MBPS, hardwired with brand new ethternet).

Really not good enough. Received a tweet from Now TV help, saying they are looking into it. If only I had a free Now TV pass for everytime I've been told that.

Beyond awful customer service from Now TV. 

I've issued a formal complaint. If no improvement after 8 weeks, then off to the Ombudsman I go.

stammie1609
Expert

Whilst nowhere near as bad as last weekend the picture freeze was present enough during this mornings Lions game to still be annoying.

Whilst I appreciate that from tomorrow I am on an offer to get a months sports pass at a reduced price are any Now TV staff on these forums going to offer or tell me a way to get compensation for the last month of spoilt viewing that I paid £34 for?

stammie1609 wrote:are any Now TV staff on these forums going to offer or tell me a way to get compensation for the last month of spoilt viewing that I paid £34 for?

And the rest of us!

If there were, this thread wouldn't have had 216 replies (and counting), all complaining about this problem over the past few weeks months.

In the meantime, they are (allegedly) "looking into it"...