cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

On Sports channels picture freezes sound continues

While using a black Now TV box with a wired connection and a 200 Mbit connection I regularly get 2-3 second picture freezes while the sound continues unaffected. While watching football it happens every 10 minutes or so. It's not a huge issue but more irritating and it only occurs while watching sports. Has anyone had a similar problem that was fixed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, 

Just an update to apologise for the issues you have experienced when trying to watch sport on NOW TV. 

Yesterday we pushed out an update that should now have resolved the issue across our Sports Channels. 

We continue to monitor these channels, if you still experience this issue please let us know.

Thanks, 

Karl

View solution in original post

668 REPLIES 668
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Another Lions game, yet the same old story with the picture freezing issues together with numerous sound dropouts Smiley Mad 

Can't see this being sorted for the remaining two test against the All Blacks Smiley Sad.

I don't mind paying for the sport passes if the prices are reasonable, but i would expect if i was paying for somebodies service i would receive a flawless or at least a good viewing experience, not this sub standard PQ rubbish you are currently providing your customers.

Suppose i will after wait another 4 years for the next Lions series against the Springboks, perhaps by then with another broadcaster that can deliver better results.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've made a formal complaint to Now TV about these issues.

I know it will probably get me nowhere, but need to try and get this resolved.

If no progress after 8 weeks, I'll escalate it to the Ombudsman. 

I can honestly say Now TV are the woest comapny I've ever dealt with for customer service. That is saying something, as I've dealt with some rotters in the past.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Think I will add my comments to this growing post as this mornings Lions tour match was ruined with numerous picture freezes. During one minute of play I counted 9 instances. I use the service buying weekly passes, but I will no longer do that given this ongoing problem. Will wait to see if this evenings Under 21 games suffer the same problem. Sky need to resolve this for the sake of customer service.

stammie1609
Expert

Another day and another sports event with the picture freezing whilst the sound continues.

It begs belief that the most expensive online streaming service in the UK can't get the basics right! 

I.E.  watchable uninterrupted picture!!!!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Asked @nowtvhelp for an update today. It got completely ignored. Not surprised.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I contacted Now TV help throught twitter. Got ignored too.

Also sent a formal letter of complaint, via e-mail, and they replied with a link on the self-help page about buffering.

Made it clear it was not a buffering issue. If this is the best they can do then the customer service is not fit for purpose. 

Now TV customer service is a disgrace. All I can do is try to see if they will take this issue seriously. If not, I will have to send my complaint to Ombudsman. 

This is ridiculous. I've never experienced customer service like this in my entire life. Completely stonewalling us. That is clear.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The rugby league game last night between Leeds and St Helens was spoiled yet again by this issue. It was just as bad as ever. It was particularly annoying as it happened at the point of try's being scored or crucial plays happening. It even happened during the adverts. Considering that the problem "is being looked into", it doesn't look like the developers have a clue what is causing it or how to fix it. Maybe they need to get some help from the Eurosport team as they seem capable of streaming hours of live sports day in and day out without any glitch whatsoever.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is there a time limit on replies from NowTV? I got a month pass to watch the Lions tour, the first test was a disaster due to freezing - I emailed a complaint, 2 days later got a standard 'have you done this that and the other' reply ( all of which I had done). I replied and have heard nothing since - the next test is tomorrow morning.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have had this picture freezing issue for about 3 months now and I must say this issue is very very annoying. From the looks of things a lot of people are expericing the same issues Why is this issue taking so long to get resolved? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Does anybody know what the World Record is for Forum thread pages on unsolved errors?Smiley Happy