cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

On Sports channels picture freezes sound continues

While using a black Now TV box with a wired connection and a 200 Mbit connection I regularly get 2-3 second picture freezes while the sound continues unaffected. While watching football it happens every 10 minutes or so. It's not a huge issue but more irritating and it only occurs while watching sports. Has anyone had a similar problem that was fixed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, 

Just an update to apologise for the issues you have experienced when trying to watch sport on NOW TV. 

Yesterday we pushed out an update that should now have resolved the issue across our Sports Channels. 

We continue to monitor these channels, if you still experience this issue please let us know.

Thanks, 

Karl

View solution in original post

668 REPLIES 668

@Anonymous User wrote:

Does anybody know what the World Record is for Forum thread pages on unsolved errors?Smiley Happy

No idea, but if everybody who is continuing to experience this issue keeps posting regularly then this topic could become a hotspot in NOW TV's weekly forum reported problem analysis.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's happening to me as usual, watching the F1.

I did receive an email from their support yesterday though saying they had forwarded my issue the their second line team for investigation. Not sure who the second line team are but at least it's something different.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

It's happening to me as usual, watching the F1.

I did receive an email from their support yesterday though saying they had forwarded my issue the their second line team for investigation. Not sure who the second line team are but at least it's something different.

@Anonymous User

Sounds like a standard reply you get from all these big corporate companies if you ask me, which is either pass the problem to the next level or transfer it to another Dept.

NowTV should not be in the investigation phase by now (That should have been completed if they took note and the trouble to look into this thread, months ago).Smiley Mad

They should be in the stage that their sports streams has been fixed and us members on here are all happy customers (if there is such a thing) Smiley Very Happy

Just my two pennies worth.

stammie1609
Expert

This has been the worst weekend yet that I've experienced the freezing issue.

Come on Sky, you've told us you're investigating tell us why this is happening and what plans you have to fix it.

Every other online sports streaming service just works without issue, you owe your customers an explanation as to why the most expensive service doesn't work correctly.

I know several people who'd switch their sports subs to Now TV but I can't in all honesty recommend to them they do this as its getting worse not better.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Right, this is now a joke. Sorry it's unwatchable. The F1 locked up every lap or so and the cricket is more than once an over. Worse than before. NowTv mods, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can honestly say the problem was even worse today.

Picture freezing regularly with quite long freezes of 2-3 seconds.

Problem is getting worse, not better.

Why are Now TV ignoring this issue suffered by many customers.

Now TV need to be on here explaining what they are going to do to fix this issue.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

I can honestly say the problem was even worse today.

Picture freezing regularly with quite long freezes of 2-3 seconds.

Problem is getting worse, not better.

Might be worth everyone who has the problem saying what they are watching on, for me NOW SMART BOX (wired)/ROKU STICK(wireless) and broadband provider + advertised speed for me VIRGIN/50MBPS Fibre.  Not sure if you can have a signatures on posts.

I didn't experience it today, but then I wasn't watching much as I was mainly watching BBC (Tennis), ITV (Football) and Premier Sports (GAA).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User most of us have if you go back through the 19 pages and it appears obvious it's not a hardware or Internet issue. It's definitely on the NowTv side. It affects all supported hardware. Smart box, black box, Roku, chromecast, etc. This is the case with me as I have all the above hardware and 100mb BT broadband which never misses a beat while streaming BT 4k channel. NowTv burying there heads in the sand. By simply saying, oh yes, we can see an issue isn't good enough. Where is a timescale on it being fixed? Where is an actual statement on the NowTv website?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
@Anonymous User most of us have if you go back through the 19 pages and it appears obvious it's not a hardware or Internet issue. It's definitely on the NowTv side. It affects all supported hardware. Smart box, black box, Roku, chromecast, etc. This is the case with me as I have all the above hardware and 100mb BT broadband which never misses a beat while streaming BT 4k channel. 

Sure, I know,  but the more information the better and may result in a resolution.  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's not about more info. They have nearly 20 pages of it and it's been established that's its not a hardware\internet issue. Don't know what continuously repeating the same information gets us. A statement and actual update from nowtv is required at this point. Not meant at having a go vc13, just very frustrated that the Lions game, F1, and cricket were all spoilt by this issue this weekend.