cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

On Sports channels picture freezes sound continues

While using a black Now TV box with a wired connection and a 200 Mbit connection I regularly get 2-3 second picture freezes while the sound continues unaffected. While watching football it happens every 10 minutes or so. It's not a huge issue but more irritating and it only occurs while watching sports. Has anyone had a similar problem that was fixed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, 

Just an update to apologise for the issues you have experienced when trying to watch sport on NOW TV. 

Yesterday we pushed out an update that should now have resolved the issue across our Sports Channels. 

We continue to monitor these channels, if you still experience this issue please let us know.

Thanks, 

Karl

View solution in original post

668 REPLIES 668
Anonymous User
Not applicable

May as well add to this thread rather than starting a new one for the same issue.....

I have been having the same or similar issue with my LG tv.

I have had no problems at all with streaming over the last few years but this last time I had nothing but trouble. I purchased a pass to watch the US Open golf last week and got the same freezing / buffering as others have mentioned.

I went through all the different steps of rebooting the router, turning off all other devices, checking the software, doing the app initialisation etc etc and still nothing solved the problem.I have no problems with any other app on the TV (BBC iPlayer, YouTube and so on)

Eventually I contacted customer support via live chat.  The agent went through all the same procedures all over again (despite me saying I had already done it all first) and eventually escalated the case to the technical dept saying they would be in touch via email within 24-48 hours.  After 3 days I still had not heard anything so I contacted customer suppport via live chat again and got the same reply that they would contact me within 24-48 hours.

Here we are now over a week later and I have still had no contact from anyone.

The freezing/buffering issue still persists (which meant I could not watch any of the US Open properly) and everytime I contact customer support I get the same bottled reply that I will be contacted within 24-48 hours.

Apart from just carrying on waiting to see if anyone does eventually contact me, has anyone any better ideas ?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

NowTV are having on going issues with intermittent freezing of the picture with the Sports streams, which only now they have admitted there are technical problems their end.

There is a long thread here discussing the problem.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Sports/On-Sports-channels-picture-freezes-sound-continues/m-p/431006#M11690

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the heads up and the link schnapps 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Signed up for a one day pass to watch the Lions.  What a waste of money.  Totally unwatchable with buffering and stalling!!

I have no issues with streaming on my laptop and can watch BTsport etc with no issues.  Reading other posts on here Now Tv have some serious work to do.  I think my money would be better spent going to the pub to watch the rugby!!!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

A good quality game (The All Blacks were just to strong and clinical for the Lions) Smiley Sad

Which is more than that can be said about the NowTV broadcast stream which was shockingly poor quality Smiley Mad

Also noticed the picture freeze glitches on the documentary programme "Beneath the Black" which shows it's not only live broadcasted streams that are effected on their sports service.

I was so frustrated, that i was there shouting at the TV and not at the players or officials, but towards the NowTV live stream.

thJLA9NOXR.jpg

Not a happy customer to say the least (get this sorted out urgently, it's an embarrassment on your part).

I also think once this has been resolved you need to offer customers who have been effected by this some sort of gesture of goodwill to remain using your NowTV Sports Service in the future.

Not holding my breath, but i am expecting to be posting back here on Tuesday after the next Lions game with the same grievances.

stammie1609
Expert

I too suufered the picture freeze big time during The Lions game this morning, I think it was the worst I've seen so far even affecting the ads!

I was being lazy and watching the game from bed on my smart box via wifi and got so annoyed I got up to watch it on the hardwired living room smart box but that was no improvement, DOH!

I'm now crossing my fingers that the F1 qualifying later and the race tomorrow is better.

If this is Now TV working on a fix I think I might have to bite the bullet and go back to paying Virgin Media over £40 a month to get a watchable Sky Sports picture!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just been watching live stream of FP3 on the F1 channel. 

Started off ok then, as the hour progressed, the screen freeze glitch kicked in more and more. 

So sorry for the Lions fans whose entertainment has been spolied.

Now TV supposed to be looking into it, but I just think they are spinning a line. 

The live streaming not fit for purpose and should be withdrwan until they get this fixed.

I WANT A REFUND!!!

Now TV sucks!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all,

Another angry Lions supporter from this morning!! Coverage started off okay but soon the picture would freeze for upto 5-6 secs then work for a second and then repeat for the rest of the match. Now Tv should not be offering a live picture unless they are sure it works... yes from time to time you can allow for glitches but this is a constant issue, which is met everytime with a response of 'We will look into it'.

Just been watching the F1 practice session where the same issue occured!!

I therefore decided to start a live chat on Now Tv with a very nice and helpful person but was still met with the same response of 'We will look into it'. I was at least offered a refund IF i cancelled my pass but obvsiously I want to be able to watch the F1, The Open and The Lions tour this month.

I never used to have this problem until I HAD to get the Now TV Player app instead of streaming on safari or firefox with Microsoft Silverlight so I have a feeling it could maybe be an issue with the app not being able to properly support live streaming.... I must point out that watching stuff that isn't live doesn't have the same problem.

To NOW TV, please sort this out urgently otherwise you will be losing a lot of customers and will start gaining a very bad repututation!

RANT OVER!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@stammie1609 wrote:

... I might have to bite the bullet and go back to paying Virgin Media over £40 a month to get a watchable Sky Sports picture!

That bad!  If you have virgin at the moment then it is worth asking them if they have any offers on sports and movies.  They gave me six months at half price last September.   Since that has elapsed I have been using day and week passes.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So I have a Samsung smart TV with now tv app installed, 2x chromecast (one on a Sony TV and also on Samsung) , mobile app with and without chromecast, all have now tv and other apps that use the same Internet connection.

The frustration is that no matter what sports channel I watch, the broadcast pauses periodically only on the now tv app. Sometimes the audio continues sometimes the audio stutters shortly after the pause.

This can happen every few minutes or twice in the same minute.

I have a 76 mbps Internet connection that averages at about 60 mbps most if the time and have reset the router etc. No other apps on the devices listed at the top do this. (Netflix, iplayer etc) so it has to be the now tv apps.

Any suggestions?