cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

On Sports channels picture freezes sound continues

While using a black Now TV box with a wired connection and a 200 Mbit connection I regularly get 2-3 second picture freezes while the sound continues unaffected. While watching football it happens every 10 minutes or so. It's not a huge issue but more irritating and it only occurs while watching sports. Has anyone had a similar problem that was fixed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, 

Just an update to apologise for the issues you have experienced when trying to watch sport on NOW TV. 

Yesterday we pushed out an update that should now have resolved the issue across our Sports Channels. 

We continue to monitor these channels, if you still experience this issue please let us know.

Thanks, 

Karl

View solution in original post

668 REPLIES 668
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's worse than ever today, watching the first Lions test.  Typical. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Arrgh!!!! Just as Lions scored picture disappeared!! 

@dr_necessitor wrote:

@dr_necessitor wrote:

Watched 1st ENG v SA T20 cricket last night. This issue still occurs but seemed to happen less frequently than previously (I wasn't counting but perhaps 8 to 10 times per hour).

Watched 2nd ENG v SA T20 cricket last night. The issue continues to be observed.

Having said that, both @Tony-D and @Anonymous User have at least acknowledged in this thread that @Anonymous User are aware and have said:

"This is a known issue and we are working to get this sorted. We will do all we can to get it done as soon as possible" and

"Our dev teams are aware of the issue and are actively working towards resolving it asap. Will update this post as soon as i have the info"

As there has not yet been any further post from them, I suppose the assumption must be that it's still being looked into/worked on.

Watched 3rd ENG v SA T20 cricket today. The issue continues to be observed. Using latest NOW TV app on Roku 2 via ethernet over Sky Broadband with D/L throughput speed consistently measured in excess of 61Mbps by Samknows Whitebox for several months now...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps wrote:

I've emailed them 4 or 5 times now, each time linking to this thread and not once have they even acknowledged it.

@Anonymous User

Maybe they are trying to "sweep the problem under the carpet" and hope the problem goes away.

Irrespective if they believe there is no problem with their sports streaming service, NowTV should at least have the Good Manners to acknowledge their customers who have posted here.

SweepUnderCarpet.jpg

@schnapps@Anonymous User@dr_necessitor@Anonymous User@lockmatt

This is a known issue and we are working to get this sorted. We will do all we can to get it done as soon as possible. 

Thanks Now Tv Team. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV need to get this fixed. It has been going on for months.

I'm going to be buying a week Sky sports pass for the F1, this weekend. If these problems persist over the weekend, I will be pressing for a refund on Monday morning, and everytime I buy a pass whilst this problem persists. 

Not taking this anymore. If I purchase a service, I expect it to meet the standards a reasonable person would expect. 

@Anonymous User wrote:

Now TV need to get this fixed. It has been going on for months.

I'm going to be buying a week Sky sports pass for the F1, this weekend. If these problems persist over the weekend, I will be pressing for a refund on Monday morning, and everytime I buy a pass whilst this problem persists. 

Not taking this anymore. If I purchase a service, I expect it to meet the standards a reasonable person would expect. 

Checking back, I've been flagging it on this thread for about a month now. And I know that others have been flagging it on this thread for longer. As for some sort of recompense, perhaps a gesture from NOW TV would be appropriate? But please not the gesture that they have been giving us until the last day or so... 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I must have paid for about 20 one day Sky Sports passes over the last few years and 95% involved the streaming freezing for long periods and glitching. I did all the resets and tech stuff told to on this forum and nothing worked. 

I totally agree its a disgrace that Sky have only just got around to acknowleging the problem ...better late than never though I suppose. Most importantly I also agree that we should be given some compensation for the years of terrible service.  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

...we should be given some compensation for the years of terrible service.  

If it was terrible, why continue for years?

I find the picture freeze/sound continues  annoying, but my alternative is 0% coverage.  On the whole getting sport via internet has worked out better than the alternatives, and the odd short freeze is far from terrible.  Would be good to get it fixed, but from watching Premier Sport on Virgin Anywhere at the weekend having a similar issue, I suspect it may be part and parcel of the process of encrypting live streams.

stammie1609
Expert

On the assumption Sky are now working on this issue rather than just paying us lip service in this thread let me give a little feedback whilst watching this evenings T20 international.

The freezing is still there but it has become slightly less noticeable, rather than the picture freezing for 1-2 seconds whilst the sound continues the picture freeze seems to only last about half a second or so, but even that is still highly annoying.

If I hadn't just been given a good offer for the next 3 months subbing to Sky Sports I think I'd give up on it a while.

As an aside Eurosport that cost me £20 for a year works perfectly on any device I try with it, as does BT Sport which only costs me £5 a month,

and I probably shouldn't admit this here but ESPN, Fox Sports and NBC Sports work even better giving a picture quality not far short of broadcast HD quality!

I hasten to add I only ever use those US broadcasters for sports events I cannot obtain on British TV, but I am mighty tempted to stop paying for Now TV sports if they cannot solve this highly annoying picture freeze issue

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I watched the rugby league games on Thursday and Friday evening and I can't see any improvement. It was just the same as ever for me. Pause was anything between a fraction of a second to maybe 1.5 seconds. It would happen a few times in the space of a few minutes then would be fine for maybe 10 minutes then do it again. Let's not start giving credit when there's no clear evidence that anything has changed. We've been suffering from this for months and been ignored for months. Let's wait until it's fixed completely before we give them some credit. It may even help if they tell us what is causing the problem and what they are doing to fix it but I won't hold my breath.